Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
seat mod for gel one piece (Read 5 times)
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
seat mod for gel one piece
03/17/06 at 05:55:45

I put the #7 plugs on.  Refitting the side bolts and now the hole that was drilled in the back of my bike doesn't match up with the hole in the seat tab.  Raising the seat in thr front,  moved the seat just far enough back so that the seat is a little long.  I can get the bolt through.  But, I fear it will snap off with the pressure of me sitting on it riding, or damage the fender.

What do you reccomend?   I thought about going back to the stock seat.

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: seat mod for gel one piece
Reply #1 - 03/17/06 at 06:23:52

Are you putting the S40 seat on a Savage?  If so, I originally bent the metal loop on the fender back enough that I could flex the seat slightly and slip the metal tab under the loop.  After a while I got tired of that and just drilled out the rivets and pulled the metal tab off the seat.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #2 - 03/17/06 at 12:30:41

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Are you putting the S40 seat on a Savage?  If so, I originally bent the metal loop on the fender back enough that I could flex the seat slightly and slip the metal tab under the loop.  After a while I got tired of that and just drilled out the rivets and pulled the metal tab off the seat.

Yes.  I'm putting the s40 seat on the savage.  

What do you mean drilled out the rivets?

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
bikingb   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 03/17/06 at 19:24:18

bikingb wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
What do you mean drilled out the rivets?

There are rivets that hold the metal tab onto the seat.  I drilled them out and removed the tab.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #4 - 03/18/06 at 15:40:11

Figured that out what the rivets were when I turned the seat over.    Thanks.  I put a sheepskin cover on top.  Wow!  With the seat mod and the sheep skin I feel much happier riding.  The sheepskin helped keep me significantly warmer today at the temp was around 35.

bikingb   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 09:27:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › seat mod for gel one piece

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.