Savage Sidecar (Read 48 times)
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Re: Savage Sidecar
Reply #15 - 03/18/06 at 19:00:29

Glenn_Gray wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Brewbrother, I am going to use the lost art of laminating paper to make the body. My father and I built a racing sailboat with a paper hull, it was fast and really cheap.                                                                                 Paladin,The Watsonian is a beautiful car , but I dont have those kinds of dollars in my budget. Also I am 63 and any woman I take riding will need a place to put her walker.

I am looking forward to perodic reports on your progress. Your project is quite intresting. I can only hope we will get some pics.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Glenn_Gray
Ex Member

sidecar
Reply #16 - 03/18/06 at 20:14:40

Are you guys lucky or what? I just came in from the bar and I was feeling good and I spent 30 minutes telling you all my plans for the sidecar and I pushed the wrong button. It is all gone. To summerise it - super trick sidecar steering, trick suspension, super simple body, Oil cooling, trick exhaust, and more. I grew up poor. My father was a speed freak and he loved to beat the rich guys by doing with his imagenation what they couldnt afford. If I can pull this project off it will belong to all of you.

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: Savage Sidecar
Reply #17 - 03/19/06 at 06:08:51

An update on the layered paper (the fibers are what give it strength) is carbon fiber. Used in race cars, race MC's, Bicycles etc. Might be worth looking into.

Glenn_Gray wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Max,thanx.You have increased my confidence.   Paladin,If you wet paper it can be stretched over a compound surface and by adding layers it becomes like plywood. During WW1 the Germans built wooden aircraft with compound curves by laminating wood in molds and I hope to do the same with paper. And yes I have worked with fiberglass and I hate the stuff.You dont get into trouble sanding paper.I was unable to do any work this winter as my workspace is not heated,but now I am finding time to get into my shop.As this progresses I will try to post Pictures.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 07:22:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Sidecar

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.