Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
low speed hitch
03/14/06 at 14:40:03

Hi All,  New to the site.  Just bought a 97' savage about two weeks ago and have been lurking.  
 I have been feeling a low speed hitch at say 1500 to 2500rpm's. Idle seems smooth and acceleration is good.  jetting is stock, idle mix 2 turns out.  spark plug looks good but pipe is blued.  
 I've been reading a lot about jetting and do plan on doing the sporty pipe and maybe a foam filter eventually.
 The big question is with the standard advice of 152main, halve the spacer, richen idle.  What about elevation?  I'm at 2400ft and often ride 4000 to 9000ft.  If stock savages are lean at sea level should'nt they be better at elevation.  Is there a formula to account for elevation when rejetting?
Also thanks for the seat raising idea, much better.
Great site!

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: low speed hitch
Reply #1 - 03/14/06 at 17:06:00

4500 plus here did the dyno jet mod and hd muff 2 out
on mix screw no spacer change dyno jet supplies "proper" adjustable needle think im  rite in the center with there second to the largest main jet..havent been over 7200' still too early in the season..on cooler
days (45 and less) the decell rumble is there but nothing like the stock set up howitzer back fire..
this summer 10k and higher think theres a savage rally on the front range may have to go to...cant find where i read it..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 07:32:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › low speed hitch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.