http://www.memphisshades.com/hbar_mount_metric.shtml

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Windshield
Reply #31 - 04/08/06 at 12:24:17

I like that demon shield. I do beleave I will be investing in a new shield her pretty soon.  Grin Grin

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
riptide_fl
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 04/08/06 at 14:39:09

No windshield and full face helmet here...cant deal with the noise and buffeting with a windshield installed..Quiet and smooth without  a shield...The wind on my chest has never bothered me.. Grin

IP Logged
Jim Smith

Re: WindshieldJim
Reply #33 - 04/08/06 at 18:15:44

My 2002 had a Suzuki windshield already installed when I bought it.  I had never ridden with one before, but I rather like it.  It seems to keep me a bit dryer when riding in the rain.  I was afraid it might be a problem in windy conditions, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Hope this helps.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 04/08/06 at 19:01:44

I guess windshields affects different people in different ways.  I've not once had a negative buffeting problem with mine.  Yes, you are more susceptible when behind a semi or if one is approaching, but I liken it more to just dealing with crosswinds and just let the bike wander where it will and all is cool.

On the noise issue, I don't notice any more or less noise with the shield.  I think that more than it being the fault of the shield, it probably lies more in the helmet one wears.  I don't mean FF or Open Face, I mean the brand and how it is constructed.  Some helmets are just plain noisy, while others are quieter.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #35 - 04/08/06 at 19:35:35

Largest effect on helment noise is where the wind blast hits

IP Logged
44mag
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 04/08/06 at 20:38:52

took off when i gotdrag bars some cold montana morns i miss it alittl but its not coming back . tighten up that helment stap,

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 04/08/06 at 21:02:09

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Largest effect on helment noise is where the wind blast hits  

I do know that noise depends a lot on how the helmet is built.  Some manufacturers leave a lot to be desired in the quality of the linings of the helmets.  Some seal off better than others as well.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #38 - 04/09/06 at 05:02:36

Helments make and style do make a difference, but it's more like fine tunning - at speed if you put your hand on the top edge of the windshield find the wind blast and follow it back - it either needs to be blowing  over the helment or below it - say below your chin - or from what I can tell they all howl pretty good, in the case of an open face if the wind blast is on it you can't even see after a few minutes.

IP Logged
ratdog472

The Savages are
restless...

Springfield, MO
Reply #39 - 07/13/06 at 10:01:19

I wouldn't mind having one on my Savage for the longer trips.  I was looking at this one:

I'd even go for a used one if someone has one laying around.

ozark_bassist_1973   IP Logged
DaddySauce

Fried Squid is the
best!

Arizona
Reply #40 - 07/13/06 at 12:55:52

The above pic looks like mine.   It's a blessing to have a windshield for long trips.  I try to take it off if I know I'm not gonna ride the freeway or go very far, but sometimes it becomes a hassle doing that a lot.  Our laws here are weird, but this allows me to go around the corner and not have riding glasses on.  AZ requires you either have a windshield or some sort of eye protection, but no helmet.   Undecided

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #41 - 07/13/06 at 23:58:11

I have a nearly new windshield with all hardware (not the same model as you showed though), for $60 + shipping.  It is a $170 retail setup.  Message if interested and I will have some pics for you to look at if you wish.

ratdog472 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I wouldn't mind having one on my Savage for the longer trips.  I was looking at this one:

http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/dc/bb/a9_1_sbol.JPG

I'd even go for a used one if someone has one laying around.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #42 - 07/14/06 at 05:38:56

I have a enterprise fairing on my '03, I find the wind in my hair a waste with a helmut.  It's a bit large I suppose and when an 18 wheeler goes by I notice it, as I did without it.  But bugs and rain are so much less an issue with the fairing on it.  Cost is one downside, the other the mounting system refuses to keep the shield where I put it, pushing it back into contact with the brake resevoir on the right handlebar.  Oh well..

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 07/14/06 at 12:39:49

Here is what is on my Savage.  It is a National Cycle Dakota shield.

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 07/14/06 at 17:24:57

I got a small one from National Cycle and I don't care what anyone thinks about it. Harley riders used to pooh-pooh windshields, then bungee their sleeping bag onto their handlebars (same effect). It's the small, thin, inexpensive one (the model # doesn't come to mind) - if I were doing it again, I'd get a larger one. I like wind protection.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:21:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.