Wont Start (Read 7 times)
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Re: Wont Start
Reply #15 - 03/14/06 at 10:17:15

Its kind of strange .. If my 87 sets for a month and I go out to start it, there is no way it will start !!   Sounds like it cranks fine but no way will it start untill I top off the bat. with a 10 min charge. After that it starts up fine, and will every morning till I let it set again for a month.......

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/14/06 at 11:48:21

Sam

I got a solar charger off ebay and hooked a cig lighter to my bike.  The solar panel has a built in regulator and now my bike starts even faster than it did before.  The cig lighter also comes in handy for a cell phone charger, lighter, solar charger, and even to jump start it.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-SOLAR-PANIEL-BATTERY-CHARGER_W0QQcmdZViewIt...

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/14/06 at 13:10:50

jim, where do you keep the charger... does it matter if it gets wet?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #18 - 03/14/06 at 13:31:00

SAMM wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Its kind of strange .. If my 87 sets for a month and I go out to start it, there is no way it will start !!   Sounds like it cranks fine but no way will it start untill I top off the bat. with a 10 min charge. After that it starts up fine, and will every morning till I let it set again for a month.......

Be interesting to know what the volts are at that point before you try to crank it up, might help to narrow down the range of 12.3(no deal) 12.8(deal)

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #19 - 03/14/06 at 13:34:35

Try changing out the sparkplug, it could of gotten fouled by the stale gas. Had it happen to me once, even had a backfire right before it wouldn't start. Luck with it

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 11:16:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wont Start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.