Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Let the fun & bobbing begin... (Read 5 times)
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Let the fun & bobbing begin...
03/09/06 at 14:27:52

Well, I finally gave in and started reworking my Savage.  I've bobbed the rear fender down so there is just enough room to squeeze in a tail light behind a solo seat.  The license plate will be side mounted, using a mount & light that I've manufactured.  Front fender, belt guard, pillion, sissybar, right side mirror, and side rails will be disappearing.  I have a set of 15" apes that I'll be putting on to replace the stock bars.  I'm planning on swapping out the rear turn signals as well.  Carb rejet (spacer mod, different main jet, etc.), K&N air filter, and Sportster Muffler changeout.  I'm planning, at the moment, to go with a medium metallic flake blue repaint, with a wide white racing stripe down the center of the tank, with white pinstriping following it on either side.  I'm also planning on painting the control boxes on the handlebars to match, as they've always seemed rather lackluster to me.

So now, of course, I have a question to go along with all this.  Does anyone know a good source for cables and such?  When I switch out the handlebars, I'm going to need to replace all of them...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: Let the fun begin...
Reply #1 - 03/09/06 at 15:18:00

Savage Librarian wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I have a set of 15" apes that I'll be putting on to replace the stock bars.

Cool 8) You can probably get oversized cables at either Barnett or Motion Pro.

Quote:
I'm planning, at the moment, to go with a medium metallic flake blue repaint, with a wide white racing stripe down the center of the tank, with white pinstriping following it on either side.

Nice. Go with a traditional racing stripe. That would look awesome. You might want to run it off center. Metalflake and a white racing stripe sounds retro and very cool.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Let the fun & bobbing begin...
Reply #2 - 03/09/06 at 20:11:22

I've run apes on mine since 2002. When I get it back up this time, I'll just make the cables.

Picked up a Wassel type Mustang tank this evening. Will have to relocate or delete the speedo (oh darn...  Roll Eyes). KZ750 dual disc front end is drug out of the bits pile and awaiting its new tire and fender tab deletion. Stacked dual 4.5 inch headlights set aside and ready to go. Ditto the Maltese Cross taillight and chick stick... 8)

Nothing quite like the feel of "ruining a perfectly good motorcycle" is there?  Grin
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 11:28:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Let the fun & bobbing begin...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.