Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Initial review of progressive 440 (Read 5 times)
Hammy211
Ex Member

Initial review of progressive 440
03/08/06 at 04:07:37

I rode my bike around the block just because it hadn't started all winter.  I do not yet have bushings for my new shocks, but they were on the bike.  I was not disappointed with them, but still unimpressed.  I cannot say that there were worlds difference.  The spring rate on my shocks is 155/115.  I weigh 155lbs and most of the rear beside the fender of my bike has been removed.  All I can think is prehaps there is not enough weight to let them work properly.  I am still very satisfied with the deal I got on these shocks, but my expectations were a bit higher than what they have so far delivered.  Still waiting to contact progressive again to have bushings shipped.  If anyone has a part number, last time I called they acted like they had nothing that would let a harley shock work on a metric bike despite my insistance that many folks had already had the part shipped directly from them.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Initial review of progressive 440
Reply #1 - 03/08/06 at 05:34:44

That's a top of the line model for sure - where did you set the pre load?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Initial review of progressive 440
Reply #2 - 03/08/06 at 08:05:58

I have some part numbers for the bushing sets.
This first number is for the full set of bushings and contains 10, 12 & 14mm bushings.

# 5011-008       $15.92

I am waiting on a callback for the individual sets and will update this post when I get the info.

********OK, we have ignition Houston!!*********

The 14mm bushing set is as follows:

# 5011-051       $11.00

**The reason for your problem in getting the number is that this part number is listed for a Kawasaki Mean Streak.  So when you ask about a part for the Savage they go....huh??

Something to remember when looking for parts for the Savage...if there is not part listed for the Savage specifically, then you need to ask for the part by "discription"...like I WANT A 14MM BUSHING SET.  You don't need to say what it is going on, just tell them the exact part you want.  Remember, most of what we do on the Savage is in the "fabrication" department.

The last time I ordered one it cost $8, so the price has gone up on the 14mm set, but the price for the full set is still the same.  Personally, I would go for the bigger set, pay the extra $4, and have some bushings left over in case I needed them for something later on.  I like having "left overs".  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 03:34:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Initial review of progressive 440

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.