Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Winter ride. (Read 5 times)
grapefruit
Ex Member

Winter ride.
03/05/06 at 10:39:26

Todays pictures of my first ride this year. It was only 2C...

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Winter ride.
Reply #1 - 03/05/06 at 12:24:17

nice shots, i love a good winter ride.  

Grin Grin Grin Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 03/05/06 at 13:20:49

Agreed.  Have fun!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #3 - 03/05/06 at 14:52:27

grapefruit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Todays pictures of my first ride this year. It was only 2C...

It was 71 with low humidty and sunny on the redneck riviera. I had a new bike with no tag or registration. So I did some wrench twisting with the help of a couple of beers.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 03/05/06 at 15:09:11

Brewbrother wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
had a new bike with no tag or registration. So I did some wrench twisting with the help of a couple of beers.

so, no tags makes the engine not run?   Wink  

civil disobedience, a right of a free society.  well that is if you can pay the fine.  Shocked

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #5 - 03/05/06 at 15:46:11

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
so, no tags makes the engine not run?   Wink  

civil disobedience, a right of a free society.  well that is if you can pay the fine.  Shocked

That all well and good unles your wife works for the district attorneys office. They seem to frown on spouses who thumb their noses at the law. Trust me I was tempted. Very tempted.

No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 03/05/06 at 16:45:23

thats why my wife and i are married with seperate names, or something like that.  actually  she took my name, and i then changed mine.  i've been through a few name combinations, it happens in the radio world.  finally got the one i'm sticking with, well for now at least.

bummer dude, get the papers.  8)

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #7 - 03/05/06 at 16:50:16

thats why my wife and i are married with seperate names, or something like that.  actually  she took my name, and i then changed mine.  i've been through a few name combinations, it happens in the radio world.  finally got the one i'm sticking with, well for now at least.

bummer dude, get the papers.  8)

Im getting the papers tomorrow. So your in radio?? I've been told I have the voice and face to be in radio.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #8 - 03/05/06 at 17:03:37

Im getting the papers tomorrow. So your in radio?? I've been told I have the voice and face to be in radio.

well i'm not actually in the radio, my voice comes out of it.  Grin  have never gotten used to walking in a store and my voice, it's like "now the voices are outside my head",

sluggo was my hollywood radio name. i worked in that market almost 15 years, am now doing small town radio, announce at the local speedway, do psa's for the police and fire.

and yes i do have a great radio face.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #9 - 03/05/06 at 17:59:55

well i'm not actually in the radio, my voice comes out of it.  Grin  have never gotten used to walking in a store and my voice, it's like "now the voices are outside my head",

sluggo was my hollywood radio name. i worked in that market almost 15 years, am now doing small town radio, announce at the local speedway, do psa's for the police and fire.

and yes i do have a great radio face.

My wife and I watched a movie called "Oh Brother where art thou?" she said "I think Evert stole your voice and euphemisms." I do however, have the perfect radio face.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #10 - 03/05/06 at 18:21:37

i was standing with david crosby at a station in l.a. when an older woman office worker, who knew me, but not him, asks if we are related, he says "no but we're dating'. she walked off in a huff, we laffed our butts off.  then went out and hung out by the dumpster for a while.  Shocked  (see sluggo's table)

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #11 - 03/05/06 at 19:03:44

i was standing with david crosby at a station in l.a. when an older woman office worker, who knew me, but not him, asks if we are related, he says "no but we're dating'. she walked off in a huff, we laffed our butts off.  then went out and hung out by the dumpster for a while.  Shocked  (see sluggo's table)

Not that there is anthing wrong with that.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #12 - 03/05/06 at 19:26:23

Not that there is anthing wrong with that.

other than i gotta go stand out by the dumpster rather than sitting at the table.  Sad

IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #13 - 03/05/06 at 19:51:08

You Hung out with David Crosby ??    We are not worthy, We are not worthy !!!  Must have been back a fiew years when he was heavy into the herb's and enseminating women..  I love those guys !!  and not in a broke back mountain way ......

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
tjhart
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/05/06 at 20:04:38

I actually met David Crosby once. But I didn't know who he was when I met him.

I was a freshman in college, in Nashville, TN. Ironically, my major was commercial music. A friend and I went to a small local music store to check out guitars (him), and keyboards (me).  We were in the back looking at stuff, and my buddy looks back at the counter, where a guy was chatting casually with the owner of the store.

My friend goes "Is that David Crosby?" I replied "Who's David Crosby". Marty looked at me like I was an idiot. I figured out later that I WAS an idiot.  Roll Eyes

Marty walked up and said hi and said he was a fan. I just smiled (like a clueless idiot). The conversation was brief, and David was very friendly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 01:21:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Winter ride.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.