Send Topic Print
More muffler muddles (Read 18 times)
Bryner
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Valencia (Spain)
Re: More muffler muddles
Reply #30 - 03/07/06 at 07:33:23

I' going to check the main jet size soon...

Another question? Do I only change main jet and put half spacer or I have to change other things of the carburator?
Do the bike run well if I don't change air filter? Here is very difficult to find a K&N for the Savage...

I read many posts of people who don't upgrade to a K&N because dirt particles can go trought it... what can I do to upgrade air flow withot changing OEM filter?

Thaks for all friends!!!

Greetings from Spain 8)

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #31 - 03/07/06 at 07:54:52

Bryner wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Another question? Do I only change main jet and put half spacer or I have to change other things of the carburator?

That's it. You also need to remove the little cap over the slow mixture screw so you can adjust that richer.

Quote:
Do the bike run well if I don't change air filter?

Yes it will run very well without a K&N.

Quote:
I read many posts of people who don't upgrade to a K&N because dirt particles can go trought it... what can I do to upgrade air flow withot changing OEM filter?

You can remove the factory snorkel. This will give you more airflow. If you want more flow drill some holes in your filter housing (outside the filter Wink )

IP Logged
Bryner
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Valencia (Spain)
Reply #32 - 03/07/06 at 13:28:27

Confirmed by my local Suzuki dealership.

I have a 125 main jet on my '00, but they don't have any 152.5. I'm going to find this tomorrow to a motorbike parts dealer here in Valencia.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #33 - 03/07/06 at 20:34:34

Bryner wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Confirmed by my local Suzuki dealership.

I have a 125 main jet on my '00, but they don't have any 152.5. I'm going to find this tomorrow to a motorbike parts dealer here in Valencia.

The US and Canada Savages here are increasing their main jet 3 sizes for the Sportster muffler. Example: 145 -> 152.5

If you really have a 125 (and not a 145), you don't want to go all the way to 152.5.

FYI jet sizes run in 2.5 increments.

IP Logged
Bryner
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Valencia (Spain)
Reply #34 - 03/07/06 at 21:35:29

OK. It seems that my Euro '00 Savage is similar than CA model.

I'm looking to change needle, needle jet and piloto jet to the '00 USA model.

I take the references in a post in technical corner.

But first of all I'll try with a 132.5 main jet.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #35 - 03/08/06 at 04:23:31

i did the h.d. muff on my 06.had the muff shop me an adaptor 1.75 i.d. 10 deg kick 1.75 o.d had to slit the head pipe end of the adapter added hi temp permatex and  it works fine..tried the muff without the kick out and my brake lever was gettin too sooty..
bought and installed the dynojet kit..with this kit the white spacer is left stock,and the neddle is replaced with an adjustable one, used the next to the largest jet provided ,there numbers and jet style are different than stock.drill bit and screw is provided for mix screw cap, i had done this mod already using a framing screw for metal studs worked great...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 03/08/06 at 06:29:53

Bryner, you're doing fine understanding the inglés.

Seems Steve530 was right all along.  The old HD dealer is still in business as an agent for Hyosung.  The cast-off parts bin yielded a pair of Dyna mufflers, a Sportster pipe and a pair of slash-cut shorties.  He wanted 100€ ($120) for one Dyna because, and I quote, "I make 30€ a time renting out this pipe to HD owners putting their bikes through the annual ITV vehicle test!" So I gave him 20€ for the shorties and we'll see what happens.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 03/09/06 at 08:02:46

I installed a sportster muffler with no adapter, however I have to put muffler goop on the pipe/muffler joint  about every two weeks. I just took the header pipe and muffler off and I am heading to the muffler shop for an adapter. I have been waiting on a rainy day to do this project.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 03/09/06 at 12:42:56

The muffler shop charged me $12.00 for my 10* adapter and a muffler clamp. I posted pictures on bikepics. I need two new hose clamps to install the Chrome cover. I'll get those when I pick up the boys from school in a little while.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 03/09/06 at 12:52:29

That is one sharp looking bike!  The red rocks, IMHO!  I have to say that I am really satisfied with the MAC muffler.  I should've just went that way to begin with rather than the Sportster muff.  Oh well, guess ya live and learn... Cheesy  Just managed to make the old lady proud of me for wasting money on the Sportster muffler!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #40 - 03/09/06 at 13:14:13

Lookin' good!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 03/09/06 at 15:18:24

Beautiful bike pgolden!

How's that superbrace working for you?

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 03/09/06 at 17:09:20

Thank's! The Super Brace looks nice but, I have not been on any surface that I could tell any difference in the handling.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 09:41:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › More muffler muddles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.