LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: More muffler muddles
Reply #15 - 03/06/06 at 03:29:50

It seems the word filter is attacking you.

IP Logged
Bob

Reply #16 - 03/06/06 at 07:43:01

Hah. The word filter got you. In the middle of your word is F A G. In English that's another word for homosexual. If you use bad words like petc0ck the word filter will edit it for you  Wink

As for mufflers. Run any one you want. Short, long, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you get the jetting right. Too lean will be harmful.

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/06/06 at 07:56:28

f*g only means homosexual in US English. To the utter amazement of our American friends here, in UK English f*g is slang for cigarette and for the tail-end of anything about to die out, as in "f*g end of the lease" meaning its final years, or "fagged out" to mean very tired.  For the English it has no sexual connotations at all.  

What I didn't realise was that the PC gurus had worked over the words I'm allowed type on this forum.  Eek! Big Brother is reading me.

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/06/06 at 08:02:39

Meanwhile, back on the real subject of the thread, if I read you rightly, making the change of muffler without changing the jetting is a bad idea.  I had wondered about muffler + K&N as a first stage (easy-peasy wrenching) giving more air in and more air ou, then working on the carb when I get a bit braver.  That would inded mean a leaner mix of more air with the same amount of fuel.  So is it the whole lot at once or nothing at all?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 03/06/06 at 08:06:09

It can be funny.  It doesn't like b1tch (and changes it to pregnant dog) nor sp00n (which it transmutes to spoon).  If it sees c0ck, p00n, and similar subsets of other words, it changes them to "thingy".

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 03/06/06 at 08:14:17

Salad_Shaker wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Meanwhile, back on the real subject of the thread, if I read you rightly, making the change of muffler without changing the jetting is a bad idea.  I had wondered about muffler + K&N as a first stage (easy-peasy wrenching) giving more air in and more air ou, then working on the carb when I get a bit braver.  That would inded mean a leaner mix of more air with the same amount of fuel.  So is it the whole lot at once or nothing at all?

It's already very lean to begin with, so it's not a great idea to make it leaner.  Changing only the air filter and leaving the stock exhaust will retain the muffler bottleneck and would have minimal effect.  Personally, I would do the idle mixture first, then the white spacer mod and air filter change, followed by the exhaust change and rejet (along with a readjustment of the idle mixture at the time of the exhaust change).

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/06/06 at 09:13:10

Duh, forgive my innocent ignorance but what's up with "spoon"?

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 03/06/06 at 09:13:55

Er, S P O O N?

IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #23 - 03/06/06 at 10:14:07

Funny how this web site cleans up potty mouth !!  Grin
Or what it thinks is potty mouth...

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #24 - 03/06/06 at 10:21:00

Salad_Shaker wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Er, S P O O N?

It doesn't like p00n... as in p00ntang.

Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 03/06/06 at 10:33:29

All Greek to me - until I googled and found

www.peterme.com

IP Logged
Bryner
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Valencia (Spain)
Reply #26 - 03/06/06 at 17:56:26

A las güenas Salad-Shacker!!!

Yo estoy en Valencia. Oye tengo un problema. He instalao la cola de escape de la Sportster que me mandaron de los USA, pero no consigo que la union con el tubo sea la idonea y sale un poco de aire por ahi... y además viniendo esta noche al trabajo me salian unas llamas azules al reducir que daban miedo  Shocked
A ver si tu que controlas bien el ingles le preguntas a esta gente a ver si alguien me ayuda  Grin

Hi people... I'm asking Salad-Shacker for a problem with my Sportster muffler because I don't know how to write this in english very well.
If he wants to make me the favour of translate me, can you help me?
Thanks for all...

Greetings from Spain  8)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #27 - 03/06/06 at 20:35:08

Sometimes Babelfish can be amusing:

Quote:
To the güenas Salad-Shacker! I am in Valencia. He hears I have a problem. There am instalao the tail of escape of the Sportster that sent me of the USA, but not with himself that the union with the tube is the idonea and leaves a little air by ahi... and in addition coming tonight to the work blue flames when reducing salian to me that they gave Shocked fear to see if your that you control ingles well him questions to this people to see if somebody helps me

It sounds like he needs to use a gasket (or some sealant) at the header to muffler joint as well as tuning the carburetor.

-OR-

Suena como él necesita utilizar una junta (o un poco de sellante) en el jefe al empalme del silenciador así como templar el carburador.

I hope the translation was decent.

Bryner
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Valencia (Spain)
Reply #28 - 03/06/06 at 21:53:53

Thanks Savage_Rob!!!  Cheesy

I'm sure that the problem with the joint is the gasket (or I hope this  Embarrassed)
What kind or sealant can I use for these temperatures?

Do you think if I change the main jet to a 152.5 and put half spacer it can run better? I want to change air filter but here in Spain is veru difficult to find a K&N...

Sorry if there are a lot of questions.

Thanks for all and greetings from Spain  8)

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #29 - 03/06/06 at 22:32:06

Bryner wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I'm sure that the problem with the joint is the gasket (or I hope this  Embarrassed)
What kind or sealant can I use for these temperatures?

Hola Bryner. Que pasa ? Grin

Exhaust sealant:
http://www.holeshot.com/chemicals/permatex_prod.html

I used this between my muffler and header and it has been good for a year so far.

Quote:
Do you think if I change the main jet to a 152.5 and put half spacer it can run better?

Much better. Check your main jet size though. Your Euro model may be different than our US models <--- Somebody may need to translate this.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 11:28:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › More muffler muddles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.