Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New to the group (Read 0 times)
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Re: New to the group
Reply #15 - 03/04/06 at 10:37:15

Greetings, Brewbro, from SW Spain.  Lashing down with rain today so The Lettuce stayed unridden. Embarrassed  What a waste of a Saturday.  Hope its drier where you are.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #16 - 03/04/06 at 12:14:14

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
this place is like the "hotel california" you can check out but you can never leave.

welcome
enjoy
sluggo

If the Savage performs and runs as well as the CB then I'll be here for quite awhile.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #17 - 03/04/06 at 12:15:57

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
8)Welcome Brew from a fellow Savage-brother in good 'ol frozen snowy St. John's Newfoundland Canada.
You're gonna love it here ... best place on the Web!

Never frozen here. Its 75 degrees. Ive got a new bike and no tag or registration. Talk about will power.

No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #18 - 03/04/06 at 15:35:26

Brewbrother wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
If the Savage performs and runs as well as the CB then I'll be here for quite awhile.

My previous street bike was a GS450E.  I've not riden a 550/4, but looked it up.  The multi-cylinder produces more high end horsepower, due to it's ability to spin faster.  The single produces more low end torque, due to the dinner-plate sized piston.  (well, maybe not quite that large.)

The difference is noticible in a pass situation where you are doing 45-50 mph in top gear and come upon a slow moving semi.  The multi requires you to rachet down a few gears to get acceleration.  The Thumper will motivate with just a twist of the throttle.  The Savage is about 70 pounds lighter than your old CB, has the laid back cruiser riding position, but is otherwise quite similar (two wheels, motor, wind in the face.)

WWW   IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #19 - 03/04/06 at 16:36:08

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
My previous street bike was a GS450E.  I've not riden a 550/4, but looked it up.  The multi-cylinder produces more high end horsepower, due to it's ability to spin faster.  The single produces more low end torque, due to the dinner-plate sized piston.  (well, maybe not quite that large.)

The difference is noticible in a pass situation where you are doing 45-50 mph in top gear and come upon a slow moving semi.  The multi requires you to rachet down a few gears to get acceleration.  The Thumper will motivate with just a twist of the throttle.  The Savage is about 70 pounds lighter than your old CB, has the laid back cruiser riding position, but is otherwise quite similar (two wheels, motor, wind in the face.)

As I have ridden both bikes I can  attest that the LS is a better performing bike than my CB for the following reasons. First it has a much better shifting transmission. The CB's are famous for their clunking trannys and sometimes not shifting properly. Second the belt drive is a better delivery for power. Don't get me wrong my CB was an exceptional machine that served me well and only failed due to my error or hurricanes. The LS would beat it in a quarter drag in a stock race IMHO. I am unaware of the top speed for the LS but I never got my CB over 95mph. EVER. Not even with a tail wind. It would cruise effortlessly at 70 mph and I have not ridden the LS enough to know its prefered cruise speed. Needless to say I will be finding out quite a bit more over the next few weeks. Living in the sub tropics makes riding year round an easy option and as long as its not raining or there is a hurricane.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 09:50:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New to the group

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.