Send Topic Print
Dual tail/brake lights? (Read 4 times)
Banger

Carpe Zookem

Tennessee, USA
Dual tail/brake lights?
02/26/06 at 14:41:11

Hey all. It's been a while.

I've still not got my Zook painted. Still planning on powder-coating her if possible. Been looking around, got a couple places in mind that I'll need to go talk to.

First things first, though. I've been wanting to put dual tail lights within the arch of the rear fender. I've looked at a number of models (mostly found in the UK for some reason...?) and come up with these:

LED Eye rear lights
These are pricey (nearly $75) and aren't quite as wide as the fender arch at roughly 4". Would require some modification to fill the empty space to either side, but it's doable. Black of course is the preferred color.

"Shotgun" style lights
Didn't I see these on some awesome looking German Savage custom site? There's no measurements given. But they're just $20. Much better price-wise...but do they fit?

The fail-safe, perhaps?
These are $18, and I can mod them easily with a cutting torch and some scrap metal...then have the bracket powder-coated or spray-paint it to match the fender.

I need to make a decision on the lighting before painting the rear fender because I might, depending on how the lights mount up below the curve of the fender, decide to bob the end of it just a little. Obviously, we'd wanna do that before painting.

Your thoughts?

Regards,
Banger
======

Edited to correct YaBB link code and allow better formatting.

WWW   IP Logged
Banger

Carpe Zookem

Tennessee, USA
Re: Dual tail/brake lights?
Reply #1 - 02/27/06 at 04:34:22

Thanks to the moderator for making that look a lot more readable!

Regards,
Banger
======

WWW   IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Re: Dual tail/brake lights?
Reply #2 - 02/27/06 at 11:23:07

I'm trying to stay away from anything that looks like LEDs, I just think the classic look of the bike remains intact that way.  So #1 wouldn't be for me unless you sand blasted the glass to diffuse the LED look.  I like the second option - looks old school Suzuki...reminds me of the '72 GT750...

No idea what would or wouldn't fit...I'm no help there Undecided

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 11:18:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dual tail/brake lights?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.