Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
600 Mile Service - Cost  and Q (Read 1 times)
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
600 Mile Service - Cost  and Q
02/25/06 at 14:39:12

Ok, my bike, although I bought it used, is finally due for it's 600 mile service. The original owner told me that this service was already covered at the stealer. Well, of course when I called them they knew nothing of this and they said it would be about $400 bucks! Yikes. I called another stealer and the sales guy said that it only takes two hours, and therefore he though it was around 150, but he said that I'd have to verify that with the service dept. - So I'm not sure on that price yet.

So, is this something I should just do myself? For that kind of money I could buy all sorts of tools, parts, motorcycle lift, and so on. What to you all think?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: 600 Mile Service - Cost  and Q
Reply #1 - 02/25/06 at 15:22:29

Oh yes the 600 miles service. the $400 is more correct if they do what they should - adjust the valves and re-torque the head bolts. this leads to the famous oil plug leak as they do not use any sealer on the plug

IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Re: 600 Mile Service - Cost  and Q
Reply #2 - 02/25/06 at 16:20:19

Mine was $246.26 (still to much if you ask me...) I haven't had any leaks or problems...I'll probably keep taking it to my dealer until the warranty expires...

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 07:20:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 600 Mile Service - Cost  and Q

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.