Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Super Brace on it's way (Read 14 times)
pgolden
Ex Member

Super Brace on it's way
02/25/06 at 07:26:01

I sold enough stuff on E-bay to get my Super Brace. I ordered it yesterday. $147.20 delivered from cyclesolutions. I know I could have gotten it cheaper, but I needed to use up a Paypal balance. I should have it mid week. I will install it and report on the improvment if any.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Super Brace on it's way
Reply #1 - 02/25/06 at 23:02:33

You'll definitely see an improvement.  Try some uneven surfaces, especially rain grooves and such.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #2 - 02/26/06 at 08:01:20

pgolden,

Good idea. Sell stuff you don't want or need and buy stuff you want all with Paypal. Kind of like bartering.

I looked at their website, but didn't find a listing for the Savage.   Did you just ask for it?  Alos is there a cheaper place to buy the superbrace?

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/02/06 at 08:59:40

I-bike.com has them for 125.00 plus shipping
The model # is 3335, I think.

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #4 - 03/02/06 at 14:56:22

Thanks.  never heard of I-bike.com, but I'll check it out.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
HDI_IA
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Torrance, CA
Reply #5 - 03/02/06 at 16:23:12

pgolden wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I-bike.com has them for 125.00 plus shipping
The model # is 3335, I think.

Yeah that's were I got mine for my Fathers savage and my intruder....they were very easy to work with

Your really going to see an improvement with that brace on. My fathers savage was getting pretty shaky above 55mph and now I take it up to 75mph and it is rock solid.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #6 - 03/02/06 at 16:47:21

HDI, did you get the progressive 4232's to go with it?

IP Logged
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/02/06 at 21:11:11

Ordered mine today and maybe have them here in 10days or so. Also got the fork protectors ($23/pr). More chrome, not black plastic!
Grin

Bill

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 03/03/06 at 06:38:06

SirWilhelm wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Ordered mine today and maybe have them here in 10days or so. Also got the fork protectors ($23/pr). More chrome, not black plastic!
Grin

Bill

Actually, they're polished stainless but they work pretty well and I think they look good too.  You did good to order them at the same time.  Otherwise, you pay the flat $10 shipping fee twice.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/03/06 at 14:34:05

I got the SB today, installed it and hit the road for a test.
My bike drove perfectly before the brace and I can't tell any difference with it installled. I like the looks, but I see no difference in the handling. I feel like I have added a nice cosmetic chrome piece at a premium price.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 03/03/06 at 14:41:48

pgolden wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I got the SB today, installed it and hit the road for a test.
My bike drove perfectly before the brace and I can't tell any difference with it installled. I like the looks, but I see no difference in the handling. I feel like I have added a nice cosmetic chrome piece at a premium price.

On relatively smooth road, there is little or no difference.  The difference is at speed with rain grooves and uneven surfaces.

SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/03/06 at 16:26:47

Woof
Got email from company that Savage braces on backcorder for 3-5 weeks. So now I wait, and wait.
Oh well.
:'(
Bill

IP Logged
HDI_IA
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Torrance, CA
Reply #12 - 03/05/06 at 03:07:41

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
HDI, did you get the progressive 4232's to go with it?

Nope didn't get them yet. So far my father seems to be pretty happy with the way it is riding with the modifications and repairs that I have completed so far.

I'll give him a little more time with it and then see about making that change  Wink

He is very happy with the brace, but keep in mind that his ride was a very rough when you got to 50mph or more and the brace smoothed it out completely for him (well up to 80mph, haven't taken it any further yet).

The brace, the carb rebuild with the K&N filter and the supertrapp pipe have made a lot of difference in performance and ride....that and the Metzler ME880 tires he has on it....the savage is running real good right now  Grin

IP Logged
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/21/06 at 12:29:05

Grumble, grumble!
Angry
I-Bike says that the Superbrace is still on back-order (3 weeks so far) and won't be available for another 3 weeks. I give. Maybe I can use those funds for some other bling. I asked them to cancel my order. Too bad. Maybe there are still some on eBay.
Think I will take my oversize "Savage" bags to saddle maker and see if he can shrink them and add strap between the two bags. These bags are another of the frustrations in getting parts for this bike.
Lots of folk riding this past week, even in rainy weather. Most out here just going thru.
Bill

IP Logged
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/22/06 at 09:28:16

Superbrace blames the back-order on this site, and everyone wanting one. They say they still have back-ordered the brace, but not for 6 weeks. Seems there was a big call from Savage riders after the brace was touted here. Gee, did we know this site had so much influence?
Isn't that something?
Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:23:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Super Brace on it's way

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.