Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stripped out screw!!! (Read 6 times)
Bobster
Ex Member

Stripped out screw!!!
02/22/06 at 10:21:23

Sad.....I used the wrong size screwdriver on the first screw and stripped it. I was trying to do the white spacer mod. I guess i can try to drill it out from the bottom. Im very disappointed with myself. I know better than that.  Roll Eyes.....This is in the slide area.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Stripped out screw!!!
Reply #1 - 02/22/06 at 11:09:50

Sears has a new very handy version of the easy out for such things - has the drill bit on one end and the easyout on the other - works very well in a varible speed cordless drill - in low gear with just a touch on the trigger

unless you're talking about the tiny screws in the bottom of the slide?

IP Logged
Bobster
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/22/06 at 13:32:30

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Sears has a new very handy version of the easy out for such things - has the drill bit on one end and the easyout on the other - works very well in a varible speed cordless drill - in low gear with just a touch on the trigger

unless you're talking about the tiny screws in the bottom of the slide?
Thats it, at the bottom of the slide

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 02/22/06 at 13:36:46

If your talking about one of the screws on the top of the carb get a small file and flatspot the sides of the head then get in there with a small pair of vice grips and try to loosen it, it worked on my carb. If it a screw on the slide maybe a tiny easy out will work. I've never had much luck drilling out small screws in aluminium, the bit wanders and messes up the hole. Luck with it

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Bobster
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/22/06 at 15:37:12

Ok, i drilled it out. Im straight now.  Grin

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 02/22/06 at 19:08:29

cool - them is number 1's down in there a 0 will eat their lunch - this is not news I bet - good job getting the little bastid out of there

IP Logged
Bobster
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/22/06 at 19:13:30

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
cool - them is number 1's down in there a 0 will eat their lunch - this is not news I bet - good job getting the little bastid out of there

yea their size decieved me a bit. I beared down on it and felt it go. I knew i was in trouble then.  Shocked... win some, lose some...

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #7 - 02/22/06 at 20:52:25

for sure... the only way to not lose a few is to never do anything, tonight I was pulling the front and back wheels off to have some new me880s installed and in fact just stripped out one that holds the front of the belt guard on - thought I had a #3 in the power driver - not! buzzzzz - crap where's the vise grips - stainless allen head is going back

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 02/23/06 at 05:25:31

Gotta love those stainless allens.  I'll probably be putting them onto the float bowl of my Amal carb when I play with jetting.  At least the top of the Amal is a twist-off cap with no fasteners.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 19:26:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stripped out screw!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.