Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I remove rear turn signal?!? (Read 104 times)
JT Howard

How do I remove rear turn signal?!?
02/18/06 at 09:09:22

Hi all...  I'm a new Suzuki Savage fan.  I bought this 2002 LS650 from a friend being deployed in the Navy about a month ago.  I've had the chance to take it out a few times and LOVE it.  What a fun ride!

At anyrate, on of the rear turn signals is messed up.  I was going to order me a replacement and wanted to remove the entire thing to confirm if it was a 2-wire turn signal or 3-wire.  I have the Clymer manual, but it's not as detailed as a simplton like I need.  Undecided  I removed all the screws so that the rear turn signal dangles, but I can't figure out how to disconnect the wires.  They seem to be tight insde sissy bar (rear handle) side mount.  I don't want to pull too hard so I don't break them.

I thought I might have to remove the rear sissy bar side mount, but when I look up the instructions to do so, it says that I must first disconnect the turn signals.   ??? lol

Please reply back here and let me know what I need to do.  Any other advise welcome.

Thanks a billion and safe riding!  8)

[shadow=red,left,300]JTHoward[/shadow]

IP Logged
JT Howard

Re: How do I remove rear turn signal?!?
Reply #1 - 02/18/06 at 09:43:37

There's no one out there who will help me?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 02/18/06 at 11:05:44

You should use the manual to locate the plugs and disconnect the wiring first but you can do the reverse if you're having trouble with the manual.  Once you disconnect the side rails you'll be able to trace the wiring to the plugs where you can disconnect it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Jesse
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/18/06 at 20:41:42

which turn signal are you removing? on my 87 when i removed the side rails, the wire disconnects for the left side light was right in the middle of the side rails, and the wire disconnects for the right side was back near the tank.

on my bike the turn signals are just a 2-wire set up...
im not sure if the 2002 is much different..

If you need to get the side rails off, there are two bolts that go all the way through on the front of the rails and then another two underneath along the rail inside the fender.. take a poke up there and you will see them..
should be the same for the newer bike. i believe

IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/19/06 at 03:39:38

its 2 wire just cut the wires splice in the new lite tape it up silcon the splice for water proof push it back in the hole and ride ride ride about a 5 min job

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 02/19/06 at 06:45:52

jbird wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
its 2 wire just cut the wires splice in the new lite tape it up silcon the splice for water proof push it back in the hole and ride ride ride about a 5 min job

I have to agree.  It is just too much hassle to remove all the stuff for 2 wires.  Cut them, put new connectors on the cut ends, put on the new signal lights, plug them in, mount the lights and ride.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 02/19/06 at 08:50:04

The connectors for mine are actually under the seat with just wiring in the side rails (and clamps to help hold it in place in the rails).  If that's the case with yours, it would be a cleaner job to simply disconnect them and remove the side rails to get the wiring out.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
AussieSavage
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/19/06 at 17:22:51

Hi JT Howard,

I have actually replaced my rear damaged blinkers. Its not as hard as it seems.The connector are up near the regulator and its just a matter of unplugging the connections and threading them through the frame, making sure you undo the side rails.

I cheated a bit by buying a secondhand set of  blinkers with the complete wiring and connections, making it easier to fit  back in.
Goodluck with it

cheers from  
AussieSavage

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 13:27:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How do I remove rear turn signal?!?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.