Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Concerning Grips & Footpegs (Read 9 times)
Jesse
Ex Member

Concerning Grips & Footpegs
02/17/06 at 13:09:52

in the process of rebuilding my bike, painting, cleaning and replacing, i would like to replace all four footpegs and both grips.  Browsing ebay i seem to find grips that will only fit a 1995 savage or newer.  Same issue with some of the footpegs, or the seller tells me they don't think they will fit a savage.  What do i need to know so i can purchase the correct pegs and grips?  handlebar is 1" correct?

here are some pegs i was interested in..

Diamond Footpegs

would those fit? the seller told me they wouldnt...
here are the grips i wanted to match:

Chrome Grips

IP Logged
saabsaviur
Ex Member

Re: Concerning Grips & Footpegs
Reply #1 - 02/17/06 at 13:24:01

if the grips are 1 inch i guess they should fit i bought simular grips off ebay and they fit great the only thing I noticed is they are about 1/2 inch longer be carefull with the throttle sleeve i broke mine switching grips never atempted pegs but have heard thay can be a pain

IP Logged
Jesse
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/17/06 at 18:36:24

good to know, thanks

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #3 - 02/17/06 at 19:08:31

I'm wondering about those pegs too. I'd like to replace mine but I'm curious about the fit. My pegs have this birdbeak looking prong on the ends that support the weight & without it, seems like they'd droop down. But I've never seen aftermarket pegs with those prongs.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #4 - 02/18/06 at 05:42:08

Highway Hawk makes pegs that fit the Savage.  Bikercom.com sells HH (although for some reason my browser isn't working too well on their site today).

I bought pegs that would fit a Harley after reading on Bert's site that they would work - they didn't.  It may be you could get the passenger footpegs to work (replacing the mounting bolts) but the front - Babbalou is correct about the prong - Harley pegs don't have it and just flop downward.  A work-around may happen on the right side, but the left side isn't going to without a bunch of work since it's intergrated with the kick stand mount.  I eventually put them on my wife's bike as highway pegs.

WWW   IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #5 - 02/18/06 at 09:04:57

I have Sportster pegs on my Savage...If I remember corectly (im old)  You have to flip them left to right and turn them upside down...also drill out the mounting hole...Savage has a larger mounting bolt..

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #6 - 02/19/06 at 01:31:08

If you can,get big diameter grips. I have 38mm now and they are much better than the old 33mm ones.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/28/06 at 08:58:51

ok here is the full list of what i want now..

Front Pegs

Rear Pegs

Shifter Peg

Grips

and the adapters

Which adapters do i need for the front and which for the back?

also, will all those pegs and grips work if i get the right adapters?

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/28/06 at 12:01:37

The 6240 is the correct model for the Savage for the grips.  U will need to shave your throttle sleeve's ridges so it is a snug fit but not too tight.  They give ya some adhesive that works great.   U can get helmet locks for them as well as end caps and even a throttle boss (kinda like cruise control and u rest the palm of ur hand on it).

official website

helmet lock website

As far as the pegs and ect Im not sure.  Check www.ebaymotors.com for the best deal.  I saved over 20.00 off my grips when i ordered them there with stilleto end caps.

here is a pair for 45.00 +5.00 shipping. not too shabby

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 07:23:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Concerning Grips & Footpegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.