Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Engine flooded....! (Read 0 times)
snapper
Ex Member

Engine flooded....!
02/12/06 at 04:50:17

Dont know if anyones had this problem before but the story goes like this.... Just sold my ,03 savage to a guy down south,it was transported by couriers in the back of a van some 290 odd miles,when the new owner tried to start it he says he had a bit of trouble and it ran rough,on the way to the petrol station  it broke down on him and dumped a load of oil out of the air filter drain hose,
Had a word with him and it seems to me like the carb must have flooded the engine while in transit,i can only guess that the couriers must have put the fuel tap into the prime position thinking it was turned off and the bouncing about has caused it to flood,dont think he knows much about bikes and dont i know if hes damaged the motor running it like that,i think if i had it with me here i would give the engine a good flush out with clean oil, put in a new oil and air filter (the old air filter he says is soaked with oil and petrol) and a new plug and see if it runs up,
just wondered if any one has any suggestions or has heard of this happening before ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 06:14:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine flooded....!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.