Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Just installed new Progressives (Read 26 times)
cigaro
Ex Member

Re: Just installed new Progressives
Reply #30 - 02/21/06 at 11:06:24

412-4200. That exact model?

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 02/22/06 at 14:54:21

Yea, they are 11.5" with 90/130 lb springs. I weigh 180 lbs, they have a soft but not mushy ride.

IP Logged
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 03/02/06 at 17:39:54

Smiley
Okay, two weeks out on the 4200's. Now I do weigh a bit more than others, but with the seat mod and these shocks, I am comfortalbe in the saddle, and the streets where I used to hate going down are now just an annoyance. What a difference. I set them to the third level, and they are soft, but stiff enough that I feel much more in control on the rough spots.
I used the home brew floor jack (2x6 and pipe) and the change was easier than getting gas. Only problem is the extra height makes the tank sit a bit more over when filling up. So you have to not fill on the kick stand, or sit on the bike and keep it upright when filling.
Other option is something under the end of kickstand and I am still working on that. The epoxy didn't hold the puck to the stand, so we'll try something else.
And I put the saddle bag standoffs on after I replaced shock.... that was a snap.

Savage Rob started something here. Really did make a difference!

Now we also wait on the fork brace. Don't know about the replacement deflectors. Chrome would be nice but not at $25 each.
Bill in West Texas

8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 23:25:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just installed new Progressives

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.