Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage/S40 Ergos Better than HD Dyna! (Read 8 times)
cigaro
Ex Member

Savage/S40 Ergos Better than HD Dyna!
01/23/06 at 08:29:24

In the January 2006 issue of Motorcyclist, the magazine does a comparison between 2006 models of the Honda VTX1300C and the Harley Davidson FXDI. They compare specific ergonomics -- distance from seat to handlebars, handlebar rise, and most importantly, to me, distance from the seat center to the footpegs. Well, I measured the Savage and found it was quite a bit less cramped than the $12,480 HD!  

The HD Dyna is 22.7 from seat to pegs.
The Savage is 26.5  from seat to pegs.  Almost four inches more leg room on a Savage/S40! by my measurements.

The Honda is 28.1, a bit more room, yet.

All three bikes are about 26 - 26.7 inches from seat center to bars. And the Harley and Savage are nearly identical in bar rise -- 13.3 inches or so.  Two inches more than the Honda.

For some reason no one ever says much about the Harley being cramped, but that's all you hear about with the Savage. Yet, with my 32-33 inch inseam I've never found it cramped at all, and am more convinced than ever that it's a great and perfectly fitting bike!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Savage/S40 Ergos Better than HD Dyna!
Reply #1 - 01/23/06 at 09:59:40

you're preaching to the chior here.   Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Savage/S40 Ergos Better than HD Dyna!
Reply #2 - 01/23/06 at 10:40:30

i agree that the harley stock peg location,on bikes without forward controls is less than the savage,but the way the seat is made ,sits you up and tilts you back just a little,so it dosent "feel" like your cramped.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/19/24 at 04:00:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage/S40 Ergos Better than HD Dyna!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.