YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Amazing online parts...
Reply #75 - 12/04/12 at 21:27:33

I order quite regularly from them, last time I ordered the wrong part, I returned, and they shipped out the correct part the same day.

they are 100%, best prices, best service.

and yes, they don't have it in stock, they order it when you ask for it, and then they pass the savings on to you.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #76 - 12/04/12 at 21:48:01

verslagen1 wrote on 12/04/12 at 21:27:33:
...and yes, they don't have it in stock, they order it when you ask for it, and then they pass the savings on to you.

Yes,.. I was freaked when I got an E-mail saying my UPS delivery would be here... in less than 1 day...
...(turned out to be an unexpected overnight from an employer)... Grin...

... but,.. their site is clearly laid out,... prices are super,.. ordering is fast and easy...  .. and they're still as fast as the local dealer...

Local shops,.. need to really concentrate on inventory, and service...
They can't compete with price,...
My favourite shops know me by name... and will give me deals on service rates, and even throw me the occasional freebie when they can... and, they know, I'll shop local when I can...

I'd hate to see them die off... but I can't afford to support them without some return...
I just do my best to strike a balance, and hope they survive...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #77 - 12/04/12 at 23:13:45

Business is business. I don't expect dealers to keep everything, but then again, I actually worked in retail and ordered appliance parts and tires. A knowlegable counter man can often offer tips to save you money and help with trouble shooting. One of the biggest draws of a store is that you can save shipping. Most stores order in quantity anywhere from once a day to once a week with free shipping for you. A $4 part and $8.99 shipping has never appealed to me, but hey, I'm the patient type.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #78 - 12/08/12 at 20:24:03

Minority opinion here (bear in mind that we have at least three good motorcycle stores in Colorado Springs (the three I use regularly are Apex, Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza, and Action Cycles)):

Eight years ago, when I left the USAF and NASA, SWMBO and I could have moved anywhere in the world.  We chose Colorado Springs, for the climate, central CONUS location, and the glut of good local riding.

We figure on growing old here.  It has become "our" community.  It will stay vibrant, attractive, and strong only if we locals support it.

A year ago, I spent over $1500 on a new computer that I built myself from various purchased components.  Although it would have been a few hundred dollars cheaper to buy the stuff all on-line, I chose to support a small local computer shop (Compu X).

My money helped keep the community I love going and I was proud of that.  I also did not begrudge the considerable sales taxes I had to pay, either (and, I ain't no Democrat!).

Having said that, the local businesses need to do their part, or a vicious downward death-spiral could ensue for the entire community....

I'm not judgin', only sayin'.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #79 - 12/09/12 at 04:07:29

Good point Digger.  I try to do the same but not as much as I could.  If I run across something I need at a really good price I will order online, but only if I know from research that it is well below local prices.  This applies primarily to bike parts, which are not usually available locally.  
Still, supporting the local community is important.

IP Logged
liltimmy
YaBB Newbies

Have a Thumpin' good
time!

Paradise
Re: Vendor Reviews
Reply #80 - 05/16/13 at 08:26:51

I would like to add boats.com to your list. they are consistently lower priced. Here is an example....

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-5LP-24500-01-00.html
Raptor   $24.87 total.

Hey Suzuki, give it up, it's still a SAVAGE !!!!
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
American Motorcycle Tire
Reply #81 - 05/24/13 at 08:35:55

American Motorcycle tire

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/index.php

Needed two new tires for the C50 and a Rear for the S40 Went to several sites and put everything in the cart Tires inner tubes rim strips. American had the lowest prices and free shipping. The site stated they don't buy in bulk and let tires sit on the shelf, but I thought of course they would say that. I got my delivery and went right for the sidewalls to check the dates. the C50 tires are dated 0813 and 0913 and the s40 rear was dated 2312 excellent.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #82 - 04/13/14 at 11:10:26

verslagen1 wrote on 07/06/12 at 13:30:34:
SuzukiBoulevarde.com aka Deland Motorsports

Best prices
Good delivery (not in stock, but ordered and sent quickly)
excellent customer service

has become...

http://www.partsoutlaw.com/

WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #83 - 05/26/14 at 15:13:28

Quote:

I'll give them a shot.  I got a counterfeit pet from the other group I ordered stuff from.  

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #84 - 06/17/14 at 20:12:17

MotorcycleHouse.com Bought Viking saddle bags, and a signal light relocation kit from them 15 days ago.  Saddlebags were here from Viking in three days, I was impressed.  The relocation kit still hasn't arrive.  Went to the site's live chat and got "Andy"  Andy told me it was in transit and the shipper hadn't given them the tracking number, he will e-mail it tomorrow.  I asked whether it had really been shipped or was it being shipped tomorrow and his response would be that it will be shipped in the morning.  Well I could understand if there was an oversight but to outright lie and tell me it was already in transit? and then admit it hadn't been shipped at all?  I won't be doing business there again.

IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #85 - 07/22/14 at 17:25:16

For my head oil plug, I ordered from Partzilla with success.  

I also ordered a gasket for the clutch side, when I checked the chain tensioner. It's been backordered for a couple weeks, and they say they just sent it. I just used the old one, and will use the new one this fall when I install a Versy tensioner.

For my Raptor petcock, I got good service from the local Yamaha/Honda dealer.

LATE EDIT: I got my back ordered gasket. The box has both "Partzilla" and "Boats.net" printed on it. Must be the same company, or at least using the same vendor to send out orders.

« Last Edit: 07/24/14 at 07:57:43 by BalingWire »  

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #86 - 03/28/15 at 07:45:10

J&P Cycle Prices average, service excellent, shipping better than average.

Motorcycle Superstore Never an issue. Always comes through, usually have parts next day.

Bike Bandit Never again. Overpriced, terrible service.

Low Brow Hit or miss. Some parts are good, others are incomplete. Shipping is high, but you could park a tank on the package and the part would survive. Lever/perch set and rear bullet lights needed parts from J&P to complete.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #87 - 04/12/17 at 09:48:57

Yesterday I stopped into the Revzilla shop down in South Philly which is also the company's headquarters. I was looking for chain lube and a smoked visor for my helmet. The salesperson helped me choose my lube but couldn't find the visor. As I was walking through the parking lot to my bike she came running out to let me know that they actually did have the visor in stock. So I went back in and bought it too.
Very helpful and friendly people there.

I've also ordered online with them and found their site simple to use. My orders shipped and arrived very fast too.
https://www.revzilla.com/harley-davidson-parts

If I had to complain about anything it would be that their shop has mostly gear and very few parts and accessories on display. And most of that gear is super sport rider style stuff.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #88 - 05/10/17 at 12:55:05

Verslagen,

Who are you referring to for ordering parts.

Kenny G Undecided

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #89 - 05/17/19 at 22:02:44

A & J Cycle Salvage
My experience is as follows.
Went there in person looking for a Marauder headlight. After 30 minutes one was brought out from the back. It was accident damaged and ought to have been tossed in a dumpster. They said they had another one in better condition. They wanted only $25 less than it costs from a Suzuki dealer new and if I gave them the money up front they would go pull it off the bike for me. The busted up one was half that price. What kinda crackhead logic was that?

Trying to find a Vstar for my wife. They had one for sale. Answered their Craigslist ad and got no reply. Finally I went in person and inquired about it and it was the owners bike and he wanted $1000 more than was listed in the ad.

Another time I went there looking for a moped for someone and after being bullied by some thugs in the lobby I was told that they don’t sell that $hit don’t waste their time.

I emailed them about the front end of a Marauder or the Marauder parts bike listed on their website from two years ago and got no reply.

I’m getting the impression that they’ll gladly sell you parts that they know will make you crash and burn with a smile on their faces.

Stay the hell away!

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:54:22

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Vendor Reviews

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.