Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Time for Forward Controls (Read 4 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Time for Forward Controls
01/02/06 at 16:33:46

Well I decided to take the plunge and make a set of forward controls. Going for 4 inches of extension. Finally got some decent metal cutting capability in my shop, was able to set up a metal cutting blade for a 50 year old band saw which now does a nice job on aluminium plate. The plan is to cut up some 1/2 inch aluminium into the proper shapes, make the brake bracket out of steel and bolt it all together. Grin. So far I've roughed out mockups of the plates using wood and have the 1/2 inch plate on order. Looks like the extra thickness will cause some problems so careful hacksaw work will be needed. Grin. I will take lots of pictures as it progresses, measure twice, cut once, let's hope I don't fu*k it up or lop off a finger. As a buddy once said "It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye". Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Time for Forward Controls
Reply #1 - 01/02/06 at 16:52:24

good luck man,the ones i made where four inches out and 1/2 inch down,it changes the whole feel of the bike,the extensions are pretty easy to do,once u get the major cutting out of the way.the shifter linkage is a little tricky,but the brake cable and brake light cable is really pretty tricky, if u want it to be trouble free.make sure u measure everthing u dont want one foot higher than the other Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:00:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Time for Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.