Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Help!!
12/30/05 at 23:05:27

Where are you?

I need some help from someone.  A few weeks before Christmas someone on this site sent me an old throttle cable from an 80's model Savage, so that a new one could be made by Barnett  for a Mikuni/Amal carb setup.  I have the new cable now but could not find my notes with the persons name and contact info.

So, will the "Real Cable Guy"  please stand up...

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Help!!
Reply #1 - 12/31/05 at 00:30:47

roflmfao   Grin

a bit to much of the egg nog at sluggos table this season?

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #2 - 12/31/05 at 16:51:35

...not me   Grin

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #3 - 01/01/06 at 11:56:37

Real cable guy. here Iam  GrinI,ll send you my info.

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 01/02/06 at 08:35:08

Dragon, thank you for helping me remember.  

Sluggo, my brain is challenged enough as it is, thank you, without adding TOO MUCH NOG to the mix.  The most I ever do is maybe a glass of wine...or two.  Beyond that and I have migraines for days.

My wife is frequently frustrated with me when she starts talking about something and I am saying....what?...  when did we discuss that?...and she says  ...  we just talked about that 2 days ago!...and I don't remember it at all.  
Now, I know I am forgetful, but I am also beginning to think that she belives she has said something when she has only thought about it before.   So we are both mentally challenged in this regard.  It all makes for some lively times around here.  It is also good that we love each other a lot...else someone might not survive.  We have OLDTIMERS DISEASE...not alzheimers...I checked the symptoms and we are ok so far.

I guess we will just grow OLDER together as we literally forget what we talking about.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #5 - 01/02/06 at 16:49:17

My wife has a slightly different twist on this subject, she says, " I don't try to remember the unimportant stuff", my problem is trying to remember what she says is and isn't important. I do wear hearing aids and sometimes still do not recollect something she claims she has told me. They are cranked up about as far as this set can go.  W/o them I am very hard of hearing and miss most if not all of what she might say before I get them in the AM our after taking them out in the PM. When the nurses were trying to wake me up in the hospital last spring and I did not respond. She suggested to them to put in my hearing aids, they tried putting them in the wrong ears, finally Dr. came over to try, he got my attention by hitting my chest gently and asking me how I was, I did answer OK and how are you. They were satisified I was going to come out of the Dr. induced coma OK and I did. Loss of hearing is the pits as glasses can correct many eye problems but hearing aids only help and I don't think can ever give back some features of regular hearing. Large noisy groups are all but impossible for me to hear in, even with pretty expensive behind the ear digitals.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 01/03/06 at 05:38:30

I get similar accusations from my wife too.  I just tell her it's a matter of sheer volume and of trying to glean the important stuff from it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 01/03/06 at 07:12:54

Gentlemen, it is a burdon we must bear.

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #8 - 01/03/06 at 09:25:59

My husband says he's spent the past 37 years tuning me out, why would he want to get hearing aids? Grin

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 01/03/06 at 15:22:12

Max- the best technology out there today  for handling background noise are directional microphones.  if your bte's don't have, try some- I think you'll like em.  But you are so right, the ha's only help so much.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 07:34:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.