Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can i put a turbo on my Savage? (Read 12 times)
Tom W.K

Can i put a turbo on my Savage?
12/07/05 at 21:06:47

First of all , hello everyone , i really like this forum .
The thing is like this : my 97 Savage runs as fast as hell and beat the s$%&@ out of the mayoriti of customs in dragraceing  Grin , it has a max speed of(police 8) got my on route by radar) 187km/h (116,8 miles) .
BUT I WHAN TO EXTREME THE SAVAGE TO ITS LIMITS  , i have 1450 softail , and a gsxr 750 , but i really LOVE RIDING THE SAVAGE , and i LOVE  to have to most agressive and fastest custom in motrcycle meeting.
I been using the 36mm amal carb from Lancer , and its really good working , but  , now , is time to get out of the box ,, so...
---Any ideas of how can i turbo a Savage?
---Which turbo?
---Where can i fuond this turbo?
I will apresheate any help  you can give me .
See ya
And sorry for my bad english  Tongue

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: Can i put a turbo on my Savage?
Reply #1 - 12/07/05 at 22:23:18

If you go to the other non defunct Savage site, there are pictures on the home page of some Sabages w/turbos. http://www.heise-workstations.de/ls650/LS650-e.html. Note the forum has been off for months but this page works OK as far as I know.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 12/08/05 at 05:34:48

You should also consider using a nitrous system instead of a turbo.  It is much less expensive to begin with, and a lot easier to install.  Additionally, you can ride normally when it is turned off, and when you  want extra power you just have to flip the switch to turn it on.

IP Logged
Tom W.K

Reply #3 - 12/08/05 at 07:39:25

Max_Morley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
If you go to the other non defunct Savage site, there are pictures on the home page of some Sabages w/turbos. http://www.heise-workstations.de/ls650/LS650-e.html. Note the forum has been off for months but this page works OK as far as I know.

I already saw thatultra tricked turbo savage ,  i tried to contacted him several times by mail , but no luck , i wonder if that is a special turbo or just anordinari car turbo or something like that, any way , thanks a lot Max for your help-
Im still looking for help and ideas , so thamks very much for anything you can give .
Once again , sorry for my english Tongue
[img][/img]

IP Logged
Tom W.K

Reply #4 - 12/08/05 at 07:49:08

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
You should also consider using a nitrous system instead of a turbo.  It is much less expensive to begin with, and a lot easier to install.  Additionally, you can ride normally when it is turned off, and when you  want extra power you just have to flip the switch to turn it on.

Hello Lancer , its being a while since i talk to you ,  i wasnt able to enter to the forum ,..-.  im
using your 36mm amal carb  , it runs just grate  , it is all what i expexted.
About your idea of using a nitrous system  , well , Nos is not very popular in my country , honestly , i dont know were to get it  , and i am not really intrested in Nos.
I whant a turbo because i whant to have permanent boost 8)  , and i love the noise of the turbo .

Well Michael , nice to talk to you again  , and i will apresheate any help or ideas you can give me.
And sorry for my english. Tongue

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #5 - 12/08/05 at 09:47:31

i know jim-r  was thinking about trying a turbo ,i cant remember what it was called or what size it was...

my brother has the(250 hp inline 4) dodge neon srt-4 with the factory turbo, and u can turn off the boost with the push of a button.  but my dads ford f-750 caterpiller turbo diesel, u cant turn the boost off ,just depends how they are made.

and they do sound killer Grin

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/08/05 at 09:58:32

Yeah I wanted to try a turbo for the Savage.  I think with its low compression ratio it would be ideal for a project.  U would need a small turbo so there wont be much lag and if u get an adjustable wastegate u can set how many lbs u want.  I think nitrious is something that I could see on a sportbike but not the Savage, but that is my opinion Smiley

I am doing some research and hopefully I'll be able to make one.  

only bad thing would be rejetting to provide the extra fuel for the extra air..  Trial and error I guess lol.

only bad thing is with a single cylinder people say the revs would irratic.. hmmm

IP Logged
Tom W.K

Reply #7 - 12/08/05 at 13:28:51

Jim_R wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Yeah I wanted to try a turbo for the Savage.  I think with its low compression ratio it would be ideal for a project.  U would need a small turbo so there wont be much lag and if u get an adjustable wastegate u can set how many lbs u want.  I think nitrious is something that I could see on a sportbike but not the Savage, but that is my opinion Smiley

I am doing some research and hopefully I'll be able to make one.  

only bad thing would be rejetting to provide the extra fuel for the extra air..  Trial and error I guess lol.

only bad thing is with a single cylinder people say the revs would irratic.. hmmm

http://suzukisavage.com/gallery/STriebe.jpg

Hello Jim-R ,  , do you know which turbo do i have to use?  where can i find one? do i have to make some changes to my stock engine?  how much $$$ does a turbo for the savage can cost?

Im not looking for super mega boost , or amazing extreme max speed , im just looking for  more boost and more speed , but nothing super extreme  , and i dont whant to make changes to the engine .

I will apresheate any help you can give me  , and ideas are welcome.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/08/05 at 19:57:44

Hmm it would have to be a small turbo..  I was also wondering beside extra fuel delivery most turbos are oil or water cooled.  Sounds like a complicated project.

I found a couple on ebay.. this is the best match.
no description on oil or water cooled.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY-SMALL-TURBO-FOR-GO-KARTS-OR-BIKES-NEW-N-R...

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/IHI-RHF3-Motorbike-0-2-0-5L-Turbocharger-Turbo...

300 bucks is alot of money to me Smiley

IP Logged
Tom W.K

Reply #9 - 12/08/05 at 20:09:40

Hmm it would have to be a small turbo..  I was also wondering beside extra fuel delivery most turbos are oil or water cooled.  Sounds like a complicated project.

I found a couple on ebay.. this is the best match.
no description on oil or water cooled.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY-SMALL-TURBO-FOR-GO-KARTS-OR-BIKES-NEW-N-R...

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/IHI-RHF3-Motorbike-0-2-0-5L-Turbocharger-Turbo...

300 bucks is alot of money to me Smiley

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW   YEEEEEEEESSSSS   finally  , yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss , thanks a lot Jim-R ,  Grin
... im so happy , i know where to get the turbo now , .. Jim-R , you make me one happy bastard  8)
Thank you and thanks to everyone e that help me up with this  , i promise thata i will post some pictures of my "Turbo Savage" Wink. jajajaja
YUPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/08/05 at 20:14:43

CAUTION!  U know u can blow ur engine easy with this thing right?  U are gonna have the set the pressure like 4 to 5 lbs (really low)  and fabricate the heck out of a header.  I would buy some rusty piece of crap header and cut it or make ur own.    

I would seriously not do this because if u dont know what ur doing (like me for example) u will hurt ur engine bad..    So dont blame me for any advice Smiley

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #11 - 12/08/05 at 21:26:54

Not sure I want to sit on top of turbo - be cool when it was working but if it comes apart where do the blades go Shocked

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #12 - 12/08/05 at 21:42:46

i do not understand why people buy  the volkswagen of the motorcycle world, then turn around and want to build it up like a porshe.  

"you can't expect a pint container to hold a quart, if it holds a pint, it's doing all that can be expected."

if you want a hot rod bike, go buy a hot rod bike. but keep the savage of course.

of course the white spacer and rejetting mods help performance, but those are things that should have came that way.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Tom W.K

Reply #13 - 12/09/05 at 12:41:10

CAUTION!  U know u can blow ur engine easy with this thing right?  U are gonna have the set the pressure like 4 to 5 lbs (really low)  and fabricate the heck out of a header.  I would buy some rusty piece of crap header and cut it or make ur own.    

I would seriously not do this because if u dont know what ur doing (like me for example) u will hurt ur engine bad..    So dont blame me for any advice Smiley

Jim-R , what do you mean  when you say: "fabricate the heck out of a header.  I would buy some rusty piece of crap header and cut it or make ur own."
What is the header?    
Is it really probably that im going to blow-up my engine?
Please... explain me as mucha s you can.
Thanks a lot

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #14 - 12/09/05 at 13:26:22

tom, not to be mean spirited, but if you don't know what a header is, you really don't have a clue and shouldn't even be thinking about a turbo upgrade.

sure that bike looks great, yet i would think it's a bear to keep up.

i love the savage for what it is.  a simple to operate and maintain, single cylinder tourque. and some great styling.  

like i have said, want a hot rod, go buy a hot rod.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:07:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can i put a turbo on my Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.