Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wheres the throttle attach on the Amal carb? (Read 3 times)
amal

Wheres the throttle attach on the Amal carb?
12/07/05 at 18:42:46

I just recieved a new AMAL carb from Lancer and have no clue how to attach the throttle cable to it. I am stumped and retarded.

I see a large switch, which I believe is the choke, but no place to attach the throttle cable to.

Am I missing something or what?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Wheres the throttle attach on the Amal carb?
Reply #1 - 12/08/05 at 06:07:24

I sent you an email to the address on this thread.  I will get tuning info pages to you when you confirm where to send them.

The top of the carb screws off.  The throttle cable goes down through the hole in the top of the cap, then through the center of the spring and you then need to compress the spring against the bottom of the cap and hold it there with one hand while you put the cable through the side hole in the little disc (be sure the little tab on the disc is facing down), then the cable goes through the elongated hole in the bottom of the slide.  Put the cable into the large end of the elongated hole and then slide it to the small end...where it will lock in to the slide.  At this point you can gently  release  the spring and all of the parts should be holding together.  You then put the slide/spring/cap down  into the carb body (making sure that  the slot on the side of the slide is lined up with the little notch inside the carb.  The slide will only go in one way, so you cannot put it in wrong...no worries with that.    As long as the  notch & slot  are lined up it will go in correctly.  Occassionally the needle will not quite line up with the little hole it goes in when you are trying to put the slide in.  If this happens, just gently move the needle point around a little until it goes in its hole, then the slide will go down the rest of the way.  At this point you can gently screw the cap on to the top of the carb.  Be sure you do not cross thread the cap, since the carb is metal and the cap is plastic you need to be careful.

The hardest part of the process is holding the spring against the cap while trying to thread the cable through the disc and slide bottom.  With a little practice the whole thing can be done in about 1 minute.

IP Logged
defrag
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/05 at 08:54:14

Again Lancer is the best! I would have never figured that out lol. I was posting from a buddys house, my address is jhart44@bellsouth.net or jhart@biziteks.com

THanks again!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 12/08/05 at 12:25:33

Yup, and if you have to remove the carb later, you can unscrew the top and leave the slide hanging while you remove the rest.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
defrag
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/08/05 at 13:25:23

lancer, when you get a chance can you email me those tuning instructions?

thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 12:39:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wheres the throttle attach on the Amal carb?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.