Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VN500 Gas Tank on the Savage? (Read 11 times)
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
VN500 Gas Tank on the Savage?
12/03/05 at 11:16:36

I've read several things on this forum about the gas tank from the 500 vulcan fitting the Savage.  I still have two questions though, that either haven't been answered yet, or that I missed while searching (haven't quite got the hang of the search function yet).

1) Which year model are we talking about for the Vulcan 500?  I know that the gas tank changed style radically around 1996 or so.  Or does it matter?  Does anyone know?

2) Are we all pretty certain that it's a straight swap, or nearly so?

Thanks for all the help!  In the last week or two of reading through this forum, I've had more questions answered and been able to fix/modify more things than I have in all the time previous!  Y'all are THE best place for a non-mechanically inclined rider like myself!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: VN500 Gas Tank on the Savage?
Reply #1 - 12/03/05 at 16:14:22

You might find that posting on what is left of the German (in English) Savage web site. or try Peter the blacksmith at finsepp@multi.fi. He was the contributor contributor of that information as I remember. Think it doesn't have a place for the speedo so you have to move it to the handle bars. As I remember the tank is 15 liters. Other site is http://www.heise-workstations.de/ls650/LS650-e.html. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: VN500 Gas Tank on the Savage?
Reply #2 - 12/05/05 at 05:34:41

I know when I measured my wife's Vulcan's tank vs. my Savage's tank there were several inches difference. Someone who had done the swap said there was quite a bit of fabricating involved.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:09:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › VN500 Gas Tank on the Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.