Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another newbie! (Read 1 times)
Panther
Ex Member

Another newbie!
11/29/05 at 11:08:32

HI folks! Greetings from Puerto Rico! I'm a recently owner of a 2006 Boulevard S40. And ever since I got it, I've got nothing but compliments from people on the street. This is my first bike ever in my almost 32 years of life, and I didn't wanna die before having my own.

So far, my expirience has been good, except for my first fall on it, the very first day on the street. Nothing serious, but later on I felt OK that that happend, cause know I now how it feels. I showed everyone my wounds with proud! The bike had a few scratches but fixable.

Since I found this site it has been, like finding gold! Very useful, questions like oil change, mufflers, accessories, etc, are been answer. Thanks for everything, and will keep u posted.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Another newbie!
Reply #1 - 11/29/05 at 11:14:10

welcome aboard Smiley let us know when u do your first wheelie Grin

IP Logged
XxQualitySealxX
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/29/05 at 11:37:46

I have actually just figured out how to do one recently. Anyone else actually try?

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #3 - 11/30/05 at 02:20:47

Welcome dude  Smiley

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/30/05 at 02:31:57

Welcome to a great site! Grin

IP Logged
Hammy211
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/30/05 at 03:01:46

XxQualitySealxX wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
I have actually just figured out how to do one recently. Anyone else actually try?

I did a big one quite by accident.  It was surprisingly easy to control, but I have heard that you can easily blow out your fork ?sanctions? so I won't be trying to duplicate it.  I do still get a kick out of just getting the front end just a little light when I get going though.

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/30/05 at 03:10:29

I've never tried one but i start off at full bore every time and never felt anything.  gotta ride the clutch a bit and rev her up at the same time, i take it??

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 11/30/05 at 03:24:14

Hola Panther! Welcome aboard ... stick around and check out the Cafe!
Ride Safe amigo!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Panther
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/30/05 at 08:24:08

Thanks for the support. Let's start by telling you that today I did my first oil change, witthe help of the instructions on this site. I lightly burn my neck with the exhaust, checking the oil plug, but that happends when your a 1st timer, nothing serious thou! Speaking of exhaust, does any one knows the (cheap) way to make your single sound kinda like the ones on the audio file post, and keeping your stock muffler? How about removing the baffle? The plate at the end is riveted? Any how let me know, thanks!

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #9 - 11/30/05 at 08:31:38

Welcome dude!  Torque punched out all his baffles on the stock pipe.  I got a cherry bomb for $20 from Jegs (online)... or you could even buy a straight hunk of pipe with a 1.75" ID and bolt it on there... may/may not perform well...

Wheelie:  I always do mine while rolling at about 5 - 10 mph... grab clutch...  juice it all the way up... dump the clutch all at once... hold on

It may help to push DOWN on the handlebars right before dumping the clutch...

I do not recomend wheelies if your savage is a little hopped up, chopped (i.e. lighter), and you are going up a steep hill!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 11/30/05 at 11:42:59

Welcome!

I don't do wheelies; not intentionally anyway.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #11 - 12/01/05 at 00:43:39

1'st gear wheelies are easy, she just comes up on throttle. 2'nd gear wheelies aren't quite so easy but I'm getting there.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #12 - 12/01/05 at 18:13:58

[glow=red,2,300]welcome aboard [/glow]

IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #13 - 12/02/05 at 15:57:46

Welcome Panther!  One of the great things about this site is the international flare!  Folks from all over the world brought together by this little thumper!  We all share the same muffler-backfire-jetting-respect issues here online...very cool!

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:20:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another newbie!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.