Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suggestions or Thread on Seats (Read 3 times)
Lady_Dawg
Ex Member

Suggestions or Thread on Seats
11/27/05 at 16:13:59

All,

This is my first post - - and i'm thinking of getting a new seat for my '05 S40.  Could someone point me to a thread that discusses others opinions of the aftermarket seats or could you provide your thoughts/experiences?

Thanks a million!
JP

IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Re: Suggestions or Thread on Seats
Reply #1 - 11/27/05 at 16:45:28

oneidasuzuki.com has a pillow top gel seat that I bought for mine.I'm very happy with it.

IP Logged
Ooh_S40_Shiney
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/27/05 at 16:59:49

Welcome!  Cheesy You've found the perfect resource to get questions answered.  

I have an '05 S40 also.  I couldn't find an after market seat.  Please post if you find any.  I ended up ordering the Suzuki Gel seat.  I put it on, and took it off about a week later - hated it.  It is slightly softer, but has an ever so slight narrower taper in the front that I never got used to.  I'm 6ft so maybe someone with shorter legs might not mind.

I haven't bothered trying to sell mine, but if you're interested I'll sell at pretty heavy discount.  I'll never use it again. Personal opinion - waste of $240

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/27/05 at 21:05:00

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com has a pillow top gel seat

it is by far the best seat that has been reviewed on this site.  Several owners buy the classic version and say it stinks.

Use that site to order from and make sure u get the pillow top version or order lancers gel seat pad which is another option..

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 11/28/05 at 06:51:08

And you can use the search function on the site to look for previous discussions.  The current default of 180 days is pretty good but you can change that if you want to look back farther.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Capt._Capsize
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/03/05 at 06:50:51

The Savage seat is a cruel thing to sit on for long.  I made mine more tolerable with the front of seat elevation mod and a sheepskin pad which can be had at Aero-Stitch or Alaskan Leathers.  The pad makes the biggest difference and is worth it.

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/03/05 at 17:53:25

Maybe my butt is more padded or something but I don't find the standard seat too bad as is...I still think a banana seat is the way to go, though, so you can shift the derriere around here and there for a change in scenery.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/03/05 at 21:22:06

i was sick of my seat because it made my butt numb.  I put in a bicycle gel seat in mine and recovered it.

it feels very comfortable.

IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/04/05 at 11:30:00

Jim_R -

Cool idea for a winter project.  Any chance of an "after" photo?

IP Logged
ethan
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/06/05 at 09:08:14

Jim, interesting concept. I have a bicycle gel seat that I need to do something with. Do you have to sit on it exactly right in order for it to work?

I tried putting pillow stuffing on top of the foam, but that didnt work too well... too lumpy.
I need something for the passanger seat too. My gf says its uncomfortable.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:33:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suggestions or Thread on Seats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.