Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
gas peeling the paint around the cap (Read 4 times)
jimbrough
Ex Member

gas peeling the paint around the cap
11/26/05 at 10:51:44

been thinking of painting my suzi with a rattle can but have noticed the paint bubbling up a little around the gas cap on the tank...is this just something that happens when i spill a bit so i just have to get used to it or is there something i can do when i repaint her?

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: gas peeling the paint around the cap
Reply #1 - 11/26/05 at 13:15:12

i've said this before,don't use "rattle can"  any where, that gas can touch it,rattle can dosent have hardner in it.like real acrylic paint does.it also chips and scratches easily.

rattle cans are a waste of time.

IP Logged
saabsaviur
Ex Member

Re: gas peeling the paint around the cap
Reply #2 - 11/26/05 at 13:33:24

your right if gas touches it it just eats it  my bike rattle canned im just really careful and put a hand full of rags over the nozzle when putting gas in so it doesnt splash out but i have overfilled the tank and it didnt do anything if you remove it imediatly i did put like 6 or 7 coats of clear on the bike though but yes rattlecan is very verniable to chemicals when possible use paints with hardners just do the prep work on your bike and bring it dismantled to a maaco or simular one day paint shop my friend had his shadow done there and the only charged him 100bucks for a two stage single color it looks actually really good

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 11:23:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gas peeling the paint around the cap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.