RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Brighter Tail light
11/23/05 at 08:43:49

I need opinions/advice on which is the best way to get a brighter tail light/brake light? I am only wanting to replace the original bulb, my mechanical aptitude is zilch these days. I can take them apart okay, but don't seem to get things put back the same way. So, just want a brighter light. I noticed while following my daughter's bike that they are barely visible. Has to be something better? Has any one used the Brake light spinner? It says it's a direct replacement for the 1157 original bulb?

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: Brighter Tail light
Reply #1 - 11/23/05 at 10:01:05

A number of places have LED 1157 drop in replacement bulbs. I have some from a store that sells accessories for ATV and in the current Riderwearhouse they have a 32 LED one that I will order next week. That said however, a dim light can be caused by resistance in either the feed circuit or ground circuit. Be sure the connections are not corroded in both circuits or at the bulb base. Seems like it is only a 5 Watt bulb for running light so it won't be real bright by comparasion to the stop light bulb, think it is 25 or so. I'm not sure the spinners are legal in every state unless they stop and glow steady. Kissan makes a brighter bulb and adapter that flashes the bulb and then turns in to steady on brake application. I had one but the circuit board apparently died prematurely and I've not replaced it yet. Going to try the big LED as the vibration doesn't kill them. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #2 - 11/23/05 at 11:09:10

Thanks, just ordered stuff from them last night, didn't see those.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #3 - 11/23/05 at 18:02:30

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_led_bulbs.htm

I don't know much about this company but these LED clusters by Radiantz might be worth a look. I plan on getting the 1.85"cluster soon. The 1157 version is a direct replacement for our tailight bulb.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 05:57:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brighter Tail light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.