Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear shocks..Sportster / Savage  ?? (Read 10 times)
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Rear shocks..Sportster / Savage  ??
11/19/05 at 19:29:46

I just bought a pair of sportster rear shocks ( used ) they are 11 1/2 in long, The Savage is 10 1/2 in long..The springs on the sporty shocks are smaller diameter than the savage...What pair will give the best ride ?? Im over 250 lbs Yes a big boy !!  Do I go with the larger spring diameter or the taller shock...The sporty shocks are new take offs...It may be a month before I am able to try them both out...I just thought someone else has tried both sets............

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Rear shocks..Sportster / Savage  ??
Reply #1 - 11/20/05 at 08:47:27

Well, as simple as they are to swap out it's probably worth just trying them out and going with what you like best.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Rear shocks..Sportster / Savage  ??
Reply #2 - 11/20/05 at 15:09:32

I am just over 200, and the sportster shocks are better than the stock shocks, and the progressives 412's are better than both.  I just bought a pair of almost new progressive 418's on ebay and I am VERY ANXCIOUS to get them on my Savage.  They should be here by Tuesday, and I don't
care if it is raining when it arrives...I am going to put those things on as soon as I get them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:22:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear shocks..Sportster / Savage  ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.