Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Metrictv.com  New Series Featuring Metric Bui (Read 5 times)
Aktlingit
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Welcome Home

Alaska
Metrictv.com  New Series Featuring Metric Bui
11/18/05 at 11:59:26

In the Nov 05 issue of Ride Metric Roadbike there is an ad about a new tv series featuring builders using metric bikes.

It should be interesting to see what bikes they will use.  I would be surprised if any of them use the Savage.  What do you think?  What would be a final product if you had to work with less than 1/2 the price of a new S40?

Replacement or modifications projected:
Tank replacement
Handlebars
Exhaust
Seat
Sissy bar
Front Fender
Rear Fender
Speedometer
Tach
Front wheel 21"
Rear wheel bigger or smaller 18"
Center stand
Head light
Tail light
Turn signals
Kick start
Chrome
Paint

Regards from Alaska

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Metrictv.com  New Series Featuring Metric Bui
Reply #1 - 11/18/05 at 14:20:42

8)Alright! A show featuring Metrics!! What I'd love to see is a stock LS transformed into an Old-Skool Bobber ... complete with white-walled tires, red powder coated wheels with spiral chromed spokes, fork brace instead of front fender, flat-black paint job with red n' white pin striping, hidden mono-shock, side-mount air cleaner, solo springer saddle (in brown leather!),  trailer-style rear fender with tombstone tail light, mini directionals and side-mount tag holder!
Oh yeah ... drag bars with a tach too!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
blueall1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/18/05 at 14:44:24

Hell yeah!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 11/18/05 at 15:13:48

hey perry, you talking about my bike again?  Grin

i'm getting there, we disagreee about the tach though, worthless as tits on a boar hog in my opinion.  i'm considering losing the speedo as well.  the one on the machine i'm talking about.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 11/18/05 at 15:17:44

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
 i'm considering losing the speedo as well.  the one on the machine i'm talking about.

D'AM , glad you cleaned that one up

and what a fine tit ring a tach makes!

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #5 - 11/18/05 at 19:16:39

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
8)Alright! A show featuring Metrics!! What I'd love to see is a stock LS transformed into an Old-Skool Bobber ... complete with white-walled tires, red powder coated wheels with spiral chromed spokes, fork brace instead of front fender, flat-black paint job with red n' white pin striping, hidden mono-shock, side-mount air cleaner, solo springer saddle (in brown leather!),  trailer-style rear fender with tombstone tail light, mini directionals and side-mount tag holder!
Oh yeah ... drag bars with a tach too!

That sounds a lot like what I'm waiting to do. I've got the brown leather to put on my hacked solo seat, fork gaitors on, Sportster handlebars on & my Maxxis whitewall on backorder since Sept 17th. The 12.5" shocks raised the seat some & it kinda looks like an old school thumper now. Put round mirrors on too & have a Harley FLT muffler waiting to go on after the tire change. But, I've almost lost all interest in finishing it now, knowing that Maxxis doesn't seem to be interested in delivering my @%*^ tire before 2007. I've emailed Maxxis once & got a brushoff response & I'm about to email them again. I've only ridden "half-bake" twice this month. I should have pics in 2007 or so.  Undecided

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 11/19/05 at 05:01:27

Hey sluggo my man ... you know I think your Bobbed LS is one of the sweetest around! And I agree that a tach on a Savage is really just a "visual aid" ...
Actually, the Dec. issue of Motorcycle Cruiser magazine features a '98 Honda 750 ACE Bobbed by Underground Cycles that is very close to the look I described above ... beautiful! The ACE Bobber has mini-Apes instead of drags though ... on second thought those'd look sweet on a Bobbed Savage too!

The ACE is similar to this one ... but even better lookin'!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:21:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Metrictv.com  New Series Featuring Metric Bui

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.