Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Metal Seat Update (Read 6 times)
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Metal Seat Update
11/17/05 at 18:49:28

Update to this thread:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

So, the 1/8 inch thick aluminum is a little sloppy.  When I hit a good bump the rear end, of course, comes up and the fender slams down into the tire, which occasionally breaks a filament, and gets me pulled over for no tailight. I am going to make another seat out of 1/2" steel. Unfortunately, the 1/2" steel diamond plate (DP) is expensive, but not DP steel is cheap.  Maybe I will use 1/8" DP and wedl some supports to it... might be able to take a passenger...

Also, I got a peice of 1/16" diamond plate aluminum and made a cover for the rectifier and miscellaneous electrical wires that you can see in the fourth pic.  The liscense plate is also bolted to this plate.  When I got pulled over tonight, the cop b*tched at me about the plate... jsut started asking him how to make it legal (like I don't know).

As for comfort, now that I bent the sides down, it is actually pretty good... no more sitting on my tailbone!  it's not noticeably cold to sit on now that it's winter, either.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Re: Metal Seat Update
Reply #1 - 11/17/05 at 19:41:32

Hey maybe u should put some rubber under the seat on top of the frame to maybe cushion the big bang or get LED tail lights.  Ill go for the rubber, cheaper and might take a tad vibration out of ur ride.

just my two cents.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Metal Seat Update
Reply #2 - 11/18/05 at 08:01:10

Don't think the rubber would help, frankly, but I have thought about making an LED assembly...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:25:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Metal Seat Update

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.