Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
any suggestions for mirrors that don't vibrate?? (Read 7 times)
Trump2Thump
YaBB Newbies

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Space Coast of Florida
any suggestions for mirrors that don't vibrate??
11/15/05 at 08:59:47

i haven't been riding my 88 since dumping it on an oily puddle while taking a slow turn at the end of last summer..... suffice to say i found out the hard way that you don't need to feel to impaired to blow just a hair over the legal limit...... left a little arm skin on the asphalt, bent a foot peg and cracked a mirror, but all in all, a very valuable lesson learned, debt to society being paid....... i get my soul back on Valentine's day just in time for Daytona Bike Week, a beautiful 75 mile ride up a1a so, as rough as it has been not riding the last few months, i'll still be riding to the beach in the middle of February instead of sitting inside in New England watching Easy Rider for the millionth time and praying for the unbearable cold to end....... anyway, i'm taking this time to do a little maintenance and may have the ubiquitous plug cap leak fixed....... i replaced a broken turn signal the last owner had duct taped together and am now looking to replace the mirrors...... anybody have any suggestions for mirrors that don't vibrate like the stock mirrors i currently have ??? these things are so bad they are virtually useless except for the cool figure 8 infinity symbols that headlights make at night.......

I'm livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.....
islandcat88   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Re: any suggestions for mirrors that don't vibrate
Reply #1 - 11/15/05 at 10:07:39

Mine don't vibrate but everytime I get on I knock the left hand one out of position. We tighten them up and next time it happens again. I guess I'm just clumsy. I don't really care for the mirrors that came on it, hoping Santa brings me a new set.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 11/15/05 at 11:00:53

Mine don't vibrate, and someone mentioned somewhere that they are weighted.  Tapped one and by golly they were right.

Go to a biker bar, tap on the mirrors and find yourself a set that are nicely weighted.  Or check a Motorcycle store.  I think this is something I wouldn't trust getting on-line as you absolutely need the quality.

WWW   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #3 - 11/15/05 at 12:00:31

Son-in-law has a neat set on his Ironhorse that have this imprinted on them:
"A--holes in the mirror are bigger than they appear". Hubby says I need some like that and need to read them regularly.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:20:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › any suggestions for mirrors that don't vibrate??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.