Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Snow on the Savage today!! (Read 1 times)
jimbrough
Ex Member

Snow on the Savage today!!
11/10/05 at 12:31:34

3C here in southern ontario today and windy as well!  Snowed a couple of minutes during my run to work and then the sun came out and I even saw a rainbow!  It was as if the big biker upstairs was giving me the thumbs up for staying with the bike this long.

I don't know how much longer we'll hold out, though...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Snow on the Savage today!!
Reply #1 - 11/10/05 at 13:38:14

So that comes out to roughly 37.4° F... brrrrr.  I believe we'll hold out a bit longer down here though.  It was 53° F when I rode in to work this morning and it's 68° F now.  This is the coolest it's been all week.  It was 85° F yesterday.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/10/05 at 13:40:51

Rode to work this morning---38 deg  we'll see what it feels like here soon when I get off!

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/10/05 at 14:18:23

I got a cheap ($20) pair of snowmobile mitts as opposed to gloves and my hands were really warm...just not the greatest for 'feel'...

IP Logged
cigaro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/10/05 at 17:21:52

I bought snowboarding gloves at the end of the season last year cheap.  You can cinch them up around your wrists, keep the cold and snow out. I intend to pull them out soon, and jump on my pre-modified monkeybutt seat (modification coming in winter!)   Although some of us don't have the good luck to live in the warm gulf air climate, I feel like those of us in the North Country have a duty to the Savage Spirit to fire up and ride! Something about raging against the dying light with our Thumpers....Smiley

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/11/05 at 01:16:03

Hear!  Hear!  Anyone can love bikes when it's 85 F out but it takes a true aficianado to love 'em when your knees are knocking on the tank as you shiver!

IP Logged
chriss

Reply #6 - 11/11/05 at 02:00:03

I bought a pair of insulated black snow pants for $10 at a thrift store. You can find them new at Wal-Mart for under $30.With a pair of levis's on underneath, you can ride all day in temperatures in the 30's (F), and your legs will stay nice and warm.  Much warmer than my leathers.

IP Logged
cigaro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/11/05 at 13:22:45

Great tip Chriss! I'll look into the insulated pants. Wear them for snowblowing the driveway AND then riding the Savage on those cold clear Saturday mornings when the temperature is bearable.  Instead of pacing for three months waiting out winter, I'll embrace it, looking for opportunities to fire up the Savage. The Northern Savage Riders of the World must unite!  We face different meteorological challenges than our southern brothers and sisters.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 11/11/05 at 13:45:45

I've heard of a lot of folks using snowmobile gear as winter riding gear for a lot less cash than bike gear.  I would think its only downfall might be a lack of the abrasion resistance normally associated with bike gear.  I'd think the bulk and flame resistance would be similar since they're designed for riding a different vehicle.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #9 - 11/11/05 at 15:08:03

i too picked up a snowmobile suit at wal mart for 30 bucks at the end of last season.  then the mother in law made me a leather legging so i won't burn it on the exhaust.  works really sweet.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:37:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Snow on the Savage today!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.