Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Home Depot Savage (Read 16 times)
jbrough7
Ex Member

Home Depot Savage
11/02/05 at 16:39:01

Some of you wanted to see how I moved the seat up and back. I used a lot of home depot's bits and dabs, therefore, the title.  Hope these shots show everything alright:

A work In Progress!

You can see it's up about four inches and back about three.  I have cut two pieces of rad cover to hide the ugly stuff while i figure out what to do:

Found two brackets in a sort of a 'z' shape and hammered them out to about what i wanted and joined them onto the tank bolts...pretty simple , yet effective

I put in a piece of 2X4  and mounted these brackets to it and screwed the seat from the bottom into small clips on the piece of 2X4.

Back seat wouldn't fit (And I lost it!) so I made another - note the beautiful stitchwork!

It looks alright but a bit amateurish.  I really noticed the square corners look dumb when they're on the bike!

Love the name:  

And one last shot of my barn just for the simple fact that suzisavage.com is having a barn dance here in the very near future!!

I know a native lady that loves to sew and she's going to use the same black vinyl I did the passenger seat in to sew a kinda 'flap' around the opening between the seat and the tank....lots of beadwork on it and I figure
I'll be able to lift it up and slide my lunch in!

So I just basically scrounged around and found metal bits and banged on them till they fit.  I had to have the 2X4 in there because the metal wasn't supporting my weight strong enough.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:27:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Home Depot Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.