Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
savage seat moved up and back! (Read 5 times)
jbrough7
Ex Member

savage seat moved up and back!
11/02/05 at 02:33:23

I've got my seat back and up three inches but I just can't decide if I'm more comfortable like that or not.  Was thinking of having a girl i know sew a vinyl piece onto the seat to stretch out and cover the space up to the tank.  that way i could keep my lunch in there but if that is done, then the suzi will have to stay that way....not sure if i want the permanent change or not.

crazy thing is, driving it for 10000 km. even with my knees in my face, i got kinda used to it that way and now everything else just feels weird.

maybe i should move the seat forward but still keep it up three inches?  that would at least be some help.

IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Re: savage seat moved up and back!
Reply #1 - 11/02/05 at 06:15:45

How about some photos of your new seat and the brackets you made?

I'm considering changing the seat on mine.  I've raised the front an inch, which helped a lot, but my feet still cramp a bit on a long ride.  (I'm 5' 10").  Moving the seat's a lot cheaper than forward controls.  Going to a spring-suspended seat might be more comfortable than the upholstered brick that came on the Savage.

IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/02/05 at 06:55:07

Springs would be cool.  Funny you should mention the pics--I'm thinking of doing some up tonight after work - Look under the heading Home Depot Savage - give you an idea of the kind of work I do!

IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/02/05 at 07:29:44

If a project turns out ugly, I always call it a "prototype" or "proof of concept".  Get the dimensions right with angle iron (the stuff for garage doors with lots of holes is great), all-thread or whatever's handy, then clean up the execution on the second try.  

On this project I won't be cutting the bike, so it'll be easy to revert to stock.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:14:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › savage seat moved up and back!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.