Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savagely Sore Wrist! (Read 7 times)
jbrough7
Ex Member

Re: Savagely Sore Wrist!
Reply #15 - 11/02/05 at 14:49:47

So how do you shift without the clutch?  Don't you have to worry about matching revs, etc.??

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #16 - 11/02/05 at 15:26:59

it's really easy, run it up to where you would normally shift, then with out using clutch blip throttle and shift.

i usually do it between 2nd, and up.  

when you are comfortable with the upshift, don't worry about when, it will become second nature, then try the downshift. that is more advanced.

when you get really good at it you can make it all the way back down to first.  

then  then,  you learn how to go from neutrel to first at a standstill.  an extremely advanced technique. good to know with a broken clutch cable.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/02/05 at 15:54:36

Do you have to stick your tongue out of the side of your mouth?

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #18 - 11/02/05 at 16:25:35

jbrough7 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Do you have to stick your tongue out of the side of your mouth?

if that's your normal shifting movement, the only thing you leave out is the clutch portion.

i try to keep mine in my mouth while riding, so when i end up clenching my teeth i won't bite it off Shocked

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
alchaz42
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 11/03/05 at 05:11:11

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Kuryakyn Universal ISO Grips (6240)
The correct kuryakyn grips are the 6240's. Be advised, that adhesive is wickedly good at it's job, so be sure you get it right the first time.  I love the grips though.  I got mine on eBay for about $40 including shipping.  The local dealership wanted $60.

Thanks for the info.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 11/03/05 at 07:28:40

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
it's really easy, run it up to where you would normally shift, then with out using clutch blip throttle and shift.

i usually do it between 2nd, and up.  

when you are comfortable with the upshift, don't worry about when, it will become second nature, then try the downshift. that is more advanced.

when you get really good at it you can make it all the way back down to first.  

then  then,  you learn how to go from neutrel to first at a standstill.  an extremely advanced technique. good to know with a broken clutch cable.

Yeah, I have been using that for upshifting for years but have only recently begun experimenting with it for downshifting.  It's actually easier than I thought.  I have to admit I've never tried a clutchless shift into first from neutral at a standstill - at least not purposefully.  But then I usually keep it in first at most stops.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #21 - 11/03/05 at 08:47:48

I learned to shift without clutch as the correct way to ride when I was a kid. Taught to drive truck that way and it just  came natural. Now, how many of you can stop completely at a stop sign without putting you feet down?

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 11/03/05 at 10:51:31

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Now, how many of you can stop completely at a stop sign without putting you feet down?

I must admit I've never tried.  Were I to venture a guess, I'd say I could do it 100%... but then I'd have to get back up.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #23 - 11/03/05 at 12:46:18

...Now, how many of you can stop completely at a stop sign without putting you feet down?
Stop completely at a stop sign?  No WAY!!  People actually do that?  Shocked

I'm in California.  8)  Anyone can do a California Stop without touching a foot to the ground.  A complete stop is only done in the presence of a Law Enforcement Officer, and then you put a foot down so he can see that you made a full stop.

When I was driving in Greece a stop sign meant downshift to second gear.

WWW   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #24 - 11/03/05 at 13:07:48

Actually, in Texas I think you are suppose to show that you have completely stopped by putting your feet on the ground. We always call it an Louisiana Stop when we stop on balance and then go.  WinkThe girls are always ratting me in to my hubby because I do it habitually. The grandsons didn't believe I could do that, so it did my heart good to show off to the 20 yr. olds. #2 Daughter let her son ride her Savage down my drive (1/4 mile) the other night. Don't think we'll get any more teasing about the size of our bikes out of him. He hit me up to buy him one too.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #25 - 11/03/05 at 13:58:01

Actually, in Texas I think you are suppose to show that you have completely stopped by putting your feet on the ground. We always call it an Louisiana Stop when we stop on balance and then go.  WinkThe girls are always ratting me in to my hubby because I do it habitually. The grandsons didn't believe I could do that, so it did my heart good to show off to the 20 yr. olds. #2 Daughter let her son ride her Savage down my drive (1/4 mile) the other night. Don't think we'll get any more teasing about the size of our bikes out of him. He hit me up to buy him one too.

Oh, yeah.  I think I even did that this AM on the way in.

babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #26 - 11/03/05 at 16:52:08

Reminds me of an old high school buddy who got a ticket for not putting his foot down at a stop sign on his Kawasaki 100. After that, whenever we came to that stop sign in a cage, we'd all open the doors & put our feet down before driving away. Was probably funnier in 1974. Grin

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:19:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savagely Sore Wrist!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.