Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Putting your Savage on the map (Read 49 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Putting your Savage on the map
Reply #60 - 04/22/07 at 15:16:06

There, just put the FireLizard on the map. Apparently so far only two of us live in New Mexico.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
K1200LTryder
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 04/24/07 at 11:43:29

I'm in...sorta....sez I'm in Orlando, but i'm on the coast east of there..

IP Logged
russellwhitlock
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 05/10/07 at 14:01:43

Sorry I had to send this in this way, but it bounced back to me when I tried to send it to Gallery@SavageRides.com, as instructed. I have included the link to the only photo I have of my Savage so far:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/russellwhitlock/Interesting%20Cars%20an...

Details

Name:     Russell Whitlock
Address: Wellington, New Zealand (Wellington is at the very bottom of the North Island, in case you're not sure.)
Bike:       1998 Suzuki Savage LS650
Notes:    I have only owned this bike for two weeks. It had 11,000 kms on it when I bought it, and it's up to 11,500 kms already.

The only things that I have done to it since buying it are to remove the carrier (as it looked awful) and replaced the dust covers on the wheels with drilled out red dice. This was done just to add a personal touch to my ride.

Prior to buying this bike two weeks ago, I had not ridden a bike for about 8 years, so I am taking it easy while I get back into it. Previous bikes I have owned have included a Yamaha SRX-6 (600cc single cylinder road bike) and a Yamaha Virago.

I also have a chrome plated helmet, which looks great when I'm riding the Savage.

One point I'll make - everybody seems to say that the Savage is a great bike, so long as you're not too tall. Well, I'm 6'3", and I have the original curved handlebars, and I don't find it too small. I probably lean back further on it than many of you, but as my wife doesn't like riding pillion, I can do this without problem.

My Savage is absolutely mint condition, which you'd probably expect, being a '98 model with only 11,000 k's on the clock.

Two last interesting points - on Wikipedia it states that they no longer make Savages new. I'm not sure about in the states, but in NZ you can still buy the 650 new, although they no longer make the 400cc version. Check out www.motorcycle.co.nz for new prices. (In $NZ)

And lastly, I had never seen a red Savage prior to getting my one. All the ones in NZ seem to be black or dark blue, so I thought that the red might be quite an unusual colour. Imagine my surprise when I saw a red one being used in the header of www.suzukisavage.com

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #63 - 05/10/07 at 15:14:11

Color depends on year.

Wiki is technically right, you can't buy a LS650 new any more as it's been renamed S40 but, other than some minor changes, It's the same bike.  When you're searching for parts, search for ls650, s40, savage, & boulevarde.

Mine's a red '96, quite common here.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #64 - 05/11/07 at 06:03:31

verslagen1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Wiki is technically right, you can't buy a LS650 new any more as it's been renamed S40...

Not true.  They renamed it from Savage to S40.  Both are LS650.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 05/14/07 at 20:40:36

being as computer literate as I am (or not) there is no way I can post a picture on this site (I don't like cameras, either), let alone on a map.

saying that, I'm in Grand Junction, CO, in the high desert, altitude 4,500 feet, about an hour from the Grand Mesa (biggest flatop in the world), about 10 minutes ride from the Colorado National Monument (my sister from England refered to it as a mini Grand Canyon on a visit here). GJ is about 250 miles west of Denver, 30 from the UT border.

also known as the home of Lon (Thumperclone) - 2 LS650s in  a town of around 50,000 people!  

IP Logged
Polar_Pilot

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #66 - 06/06/07 at 18:13:00

Guess I get the nod for northern so far - there used to be a friend in Norway a bit north of me - Peter the Blacksmith - he used to post on Bert Heisse;s now defunct Savage site.

Ride safe!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #67 - 06/06/07 at 19:34:29

Peter the b is here too!

Hang out with us, he pops in from time to time.

Small world isn't it?

WWW   IP Logged
Strafford_Guy

96 in progress

Strafford, NH
Reply #68 - 06/23/07 at 07:49:16

Greeting. I added claimed my spot on the map. I know there has to be more then two of us up here in the north. Nice Map. Great Forum.
~ Strafford Guy ~ Grin

SERENITY - Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
straffordguy   IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

thatRe: Putting your Savage on the map
Reply #69 - 07/22/07 at 14:14:07

thats awsome! too bad there is only one other person near me  Sad

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #70 - 08/10/07 at 19:57:48

Ditto for me, but then for Hawaii.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
tbear

former thumper

Des Moines, Iowa
Reply #71 - 08/27/07 at 13:46:41

Looks like I'm the only Iowa Savage, too.   Undecided

white & silver '07 C50|windshield|debadged|throttle rockers|gutted stock pipes|lowered 2 1/2"|DJ drive|passenger pegs/pillion removed|contour solo rear rack|saddlebags
  IP Logged
skoeter
YaBB Newbies

'62 Born on '86
Savage

Netherlands Schiedam
Reply #72 - 11/04/07 at 02:59:59

Not the first from the netherlands on the map now, sure hope not to be the last!! Grin

WWW   IP Logged
suzuki-star
YaBB Newbies

Bristol, U.K
Reply #73 - 11/04/07 at 08:21:11

my little ls is now on the great map of savages  Cheesy
(with many attempts at doing it  Tongue)
im in england,bristol!

savage...me forever! Smiley
  IP Logged
Savagegirl
YaBB Newbies

Let's Ride!

Arkansas
Reply #74 - 11/10/07 at 07:36:59

I am sooo excited that I have found this site and have been accepted to post. I have  a 2003 650 Savage and I love this bike, I've riden Yami's and Hondi's  and I get a thrill riding this bike! Right now I am enjoying the fall colors here in NWArkansas, riding my bike! Looking forward to get some questons answered and if you have any good points or views about my ride, would like to hear about it! Thanks, Savagegirl

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 03:26:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Putting your Savage on the map

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.