Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sluggo got a question... (Read 2 times)
cain9580
Ex Member

Sluggo got a question...
10/24/05 at 06:37:39

What exactly did you do to the rear end to get that look?  I have been looking for a bit to no avail.

I was interested in doing something around those lines but I have not the slightest where to begin.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Sluggo got a question...
Reply #1 - 10/24/05 at 13:23:51

cain9580 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
What exactly did you do to the rear end to get that look?  I have been looking for a bit to no avail.

I was interested in doing something around those lines but I have not the slightest where to begin.

take the back fender off then its your choice if you want a fender or not

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #2 - 10/24/05 at 13:52:29

OK so now the bike is 5 lbs lighter...
how many millionths/second is it quicker now  Wink

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 10/24/05 at 14:23:56

i'm full of it,  answers that is  Grin

spent hour upon hour staring at the machine looking for my "david", i then started chipping away at the stone.

it was remove fender, replace with chrome fenders front and rear.  add chopper seat, sometimes i run springs, i'm now expermenting with the rubber shock mounts from the rear pillon. i then added the flat bars on the stock riser, they barely clear the tank. i went with an oversized rear tire, and to top it off i took a rear light from a 1950 international pickup and refurbished it using the stock element.  i do need a good paint job, maybe over this winter.

there are a few other little details, like a sheet metal cover over the wiring.  i went though several different fender brackets before i got what i wanted.

but in the end  my "david" appeared, and i'm quite pleased with the results.  it is a head turner in person. people stop to talk to me all the time about it.  i sold/gave all the parts away, and made a few bucks.

for those of you who didn't get the "david" reference, Michelangelo created "david" out of a solid block of marble, believing that the statue was always in there, it was his job to "chip away at the stone" to reveal it.

i made the mods for "form over function" i don't think i picked up any additional speed.

here's another look

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #4 - 10/24/05 at 15:42:29

mpescatori wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
OK so now the bike is 5 lbs lighter...
how many millionths/second is it quicker now  Wink

Maurizio

The rear fender,rails,seat ,backrest, wiegh in at right around 45 pounds. and yes burnouts are easier Grin

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 10/24/05 at 21:06:33

Dump the stock muffler, re-cover the seat, ditch the belt cover,  and you lose another 20-25 pounds (or more)  depending on how much water the packing and foam have soaked up. Every 10 pounds lost is the equivalent of 1 horsepower added. That has my old Savage at under 300 pounds, with the apehangers.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 15:01:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sluggo got a question...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.