Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Got a 'Feel Good' Savage Story? Fessup! (Read 10 times)
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Re: Got a 'Feel Good' Savage Story? Fessup!
Reply #15 - 10/25/05 at 08:13:18

What makes me feel good are the looks I get when people realize that not only am I a female biker, I'm an OLD one. When we stop to gas up or get a drink, someone nearly always asks me "are you really riding that thing?"  Pretty obvious since I just pulled up on it.  Wink  We usually draw a few odd looks when it's three girls on bikes and no guys to "help".  I also get a boost when the Harley riders who know me look at my bike and think it's a Harley. Those who know me well know I could ride anything I wanted to and I chose the Savage. My standard line is"I didn't want an old man's bike, my Dad rode a Harley"

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
janeforbes
2005 No Login

Jump & ride!

South Florida
Reply #16 - 10/27/05 at 09:44:18

Makes me smile when I pull in to a gas station or stop at a light and I get the double take.  A 57 year old Grandma on a bike by herself gets noticed, especially here in FLorida where all the older people are driving big Lincolns. Watch out for them.
I hate this, has happened twice- "what is that, a 250??

This makes me laugh, walk into the grocery store carrying my helmet. The checkout girl asks- You ride a motorcycle?"  Duh!! Here's your sign.

WWW   IP Logged
twistytwist
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Coastal Georgia
Reply #17 - 11/01/05 at 09:03:14

Not so much a feel good as it is a funny story, but.  So my roommate is on and on about the dirtbikes he used to ride, and how much he wants a motorcycle.  Being a kindly sort, and considering that the savage really is a learner bike, I offer up my little lady for a test drive.  I've never seen a man so enthused!  He skips over the the machine sitting in the yard (right after a good cleaning) hops on exuding an air of confidence, starts her up and revs the engine once or twice, begins to gently release the clutch and goes straight through our fence.  I'm not sure how he ended up pointed in that direction ???, or how my zuki survived unscathed, but the bum still hasn't replaced the boards he shattered with that front tire! Tongue

IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/01/05 at 09:19:33

TT:  GREAT story!!  I swear I laughed till i just about cried!!  Are you sure the guy wasn't a relative?? Grin

Reminds me a bit of something i did when i was a kid on my skidoo.  I saw my sister walking down the drive so i wanted to go really close to her---it was glare ice, though, and i flew right past her and crashed into the garage door!  My dad just freaked when he got home and i think i still have some marks to show it!  My sister laughed and laughed!!

Smiley SmileyWelcome to the site; it's a lot of fun!

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #19 - 11/03/05 at 17:33:22

I felt real good when I sold mine.   Grin

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #20 - 11/03/05 at 18:17:02

G I T A R Z A N wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
I felt real good when I sold mine.   Grin

oh, gitarzan. we know you want it back.

love that graphic, tell me the history behind it.

feel free to drop by sluggo's table at the cafe, it would be fun having you hanging around.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #21 - 11/24/05 at 19:40:28

One of my other bikes is a gorgeous (to me) candy black cherry Honda ST1100 that cost me almost $13K in 2000.  However, when I'm out running errands on my Savage (bought used for $3K on 2001), I always get compliments on the bike.  Compliments I've received on the Honda to date?

Zilch!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 05:43:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got a 'Feel Good' Savage Story? Fessup!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.