Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Handlebar Speedo
Reply #15 - 10/23/05 at 13:53:35

working_class_chop wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
The mini speedos we have are geared 2.1:1 which is the proper gearing for almost all japanese motorcycles.
These are mechanical drive speedos.
If your moving your speedo you may want to remount your idiot lights, we have 3-4 options for that too.

That is good information.

IP Logged
Ryan G (RG)

Reply #16 - 10/23/05 at 21:49:55

working_class_chop-

Where can I get that speedometer and how much is it?  Thanks.

-RG

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #17 - 10/23/05 at 22:32:59

handlebar speedo,  now that's a mental picture i would like to get out of my head.  Shocked

or there's not a speedo out there big enough to cover my "handlebar"  Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
working_class_chop
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 10/24/05 at 05:09:10

Ryan G (RG) wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
working_class_chop-

Where can I get that speedometer and how much is it?  Thanks.

-RG

www.workingclasschoppers.com
Take a moment to check out all the goodies we have
SPECIAL PRICE
The speedo in white or black face is $60
chrome/black housing $50
These are the smallest speedos i couldfind, we have a couple other options - electronic speedos, digital speedos, some slightly larger (cheaper) models

Please ask if there is anything you are looking for

chop whatcha' got
-steve
www.workingclasschoppers.com
WWW   IP Logged
Aktlingit
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Welcome Home

Alaska
Re: Handlebar Speedo with Tripometer
Reply #19 - 11/02/05 at 15:28:28

I went for a ride today with the temperature at 37 degrees with a wind chill factor of 32 what a good day.  

Prior to starting my ride I looked into my gas tank to see how much fuel I might have and it looked like enough for 10 miles before having to switch over to reserve and sure enough at about 8.5 it started to sputter and I switched over to reserve.  

After I fueled up it was nice to be able to reset my tripometer to zero enable to test my newly mounted universal speedometer with tripometer that I mounted to my handlebars of my 88. (Sorry no pictures yet)

The stock lower portion of the speedo cable is threaded up under the stock gas tank (hopefully to be replaced by a bigger capacity tank at least 3.5 gal or more) Due to the 10" length of the speedo cable extension (that I bought from Working Class Choppers) I had to use a V bracket (reversed with the two mounting holes pointed towards the tank) with the speedo on my side of the handlebars which could possibly bump the replacement tank if it is taller than the stock tank.  

I have been researching to see what tanks out there might fit the LS650 frame that Y's out to 6" width and so far it looks like an HD fatbob, quckbob tank might work however I have not been able to locate one locally to try out.  If anyone has done so please let me know and as we all like to view please post photos.  

Looking down at the speedo was very comfortable even when my face shield fogged up do to the cold.  Knowing that this speedo set up works I will mount one on my 98 as well.

I would like to thank those of you who have had various suggestions i.e. combo lock, phone photo etc. for your experience however I just like having the speedo and tripometer on the handlebars.  

I have also tried various handlebars using the stock risers and have been able to replace the stock bars that measure Rise 7" Pullback 11" Center Width 5.5" Tip2Tip Width 27.5" with early HD FX, Superglide and Sportster bars measuring R 4" PB 11" CW 7" T2T 28" and HD bars PN 56081-82 $55 R 8" PB 4" CW 8.5" T2T 28", Superglide 70"s bars R 9" PB 5.5" CW 9" T2T 28.5" without having to change out any of my contorl cables.

I hope that this is some help to all of you.

Regards from Alaska

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:32:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Handlebar Speedo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.