Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
When and where to buy new... (Read 1 times)
camboman
Ex Member

When and where to buy new...
10/20/05 at 12:45:58

I'll be ready to buy a new S40 in February when I get my tax refund. I won't need to finance, so that's off the table as a bargaining chip, and right now my local dealer won't budge off the MSRP.
  I'm hoping that come February the dead of winter will have made the showrooms empty and the dealers more willing to deal to discount a new bike. Right now he's only willing to give a discount on accessories purchased at the same time. I pretty much alredy have all the riding gear I need.
   Anyone know of a dealership (within driving range of Portland, Oregon) that regularly discounts new machines, or does this just not happen with the S40?

IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Re: When and where to buy new...
Reply #1 - 10/20/05 at 12:55:12

I've heard that there isn't much markup on these bikes, so dealers don't like to haggle on them.  

Looking for a good used one would definitely cut the cost.

IP Logged
wingdwolf56
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/20/05 at 12:59:14

I just bought a 2006 at the beginning of the month...cash in hand....no discount. I did get 20% off all accessory purchases for a month and my 1st service free

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/20/05 at 13:28:46

I have found alot of bikes on http://www.cycletrader.com

both new and used from dealers and private parties.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 10/20/05 at 14:28:43

Back in 2003, I looked for a new LS in St. John's, Nfld. ... neither of the 2 'Zuki dealerships had any at the time ... the listed price for a Savage was the same at both; $6100 Cdn. Came across a multi-brand m/c dealership in Toronto via the Internet ... they had several LS' marked down to $4659 Cdn. ... called 'em up ordered one and had it shipped by a 3rd party shipper in the factory crate to one of the local Suzuki dealerships for $400 Cdn. where it was un-crated and prepped (this kept the original factory warranty valid) for an additional $150 Cdn. ... so I essentially got a new Bike for approx. the price of a good, recent model used one.
Point is, that good deals can be found on any new motorcycle ... if you are willing to do a bit of research and a bit of leg-work ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/20/05 at 17:36:15

Best deal I've seen on a bike (but not a thumper) is a suzuki GS 500F (the cool one with the fairing) at Newmarket Suzuki for just under $5000 Canadian.  I think that's about $98 American!!

IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #6 - 10/20/05 at 19:09:16

I just bought an '06 a few weeks ago and I considered it for some time before I commited.  I'm not a big buyer of "New" (8 cars, 4 bikes over the past 20 years...1 car was new - and now my S40).  But I decided I wanted the fun of a bike _right now_ without having to worry about some PO that did who-knows-what.  If anyone was going to screw up this bike it was going to be ME.  The problems with buying new are (1) you eat the depriciation 30 seconds after you drive it off the lot and (2) you eat the "Dealer Prep" "Documentation" "Frieght" and "Actual Sales Tax Wink" the second you write the check.  On an MSRP of $4399.00 I wrote a check of over $5300.00.  Did I get ripped off?  Dunno...probably, but I got 10 points off accessories and have had a relationship with this dealership for over 5 years and they never worry about how much I take up their time in the bike, parts, or accesories departments.  Always willing to help and never sold me the wrong part...ever.  It's all about choices...

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 14:21:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › When and where to buy new...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.