Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4 days and 1300km later.. part 2 (Read 3 times)
threezukes
Ex Member

4 days and 1300km later.. part 2
10/13/05 at 06:19:36

the bridge in the back ground is suppose to have some kind of world record

just a local castle on top of a hill

this was on the tip of the island we could go no further..then it was another 300km back to the camp site, and this was a the sun setting.

the local area was famous for their hand made noodles

crazy!!

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: 4 days and 1300km later.. part 2
Reply #1 - 10/13/05 at 08:51:34

WOW!! zukes!! Those're some wild-ass pics for sure! Looks like it was a great Bike Rally ... those exagerated Choppers are mind blowing ... I'll bet they are a bee-atch to turn!
Being involved in Student Exchange programs and having hosted Japanese kids, I am fascinated by Japan, it's people and culture ... and am continually amazed at how the Japanese embrace various icons of Western culture and then totally put their own spin on 'em!
Which city do you live in and where exactly was the Rally? Also (if you don't mind me asking ...) are you a westerner living in Japan? Have you thought about visiting the factory to see fresh LS650's roll off the line? Man that'd be a trip!!
Arigato for the fine photos!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/13/05 at 23:48:25

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
WOW!! zukes!! Those're some wild-ass pics for sure! Looks like it was a great Bike Rally ... those exagerated Choppers are mind blowing ... I'll bet they are a bee-atch to turn!
Being involved in Student Exchange programs and having hosted Japanese kids, I am fascinated by Japan, it's people and culture ... and am continually amazed at how the Japanese embrace various icons of Western culture and then totally put their own spin on 'em!
Which city do you live in and where exactly was the Rally? Also (if you don't mind me asking ...) are you a westerner living in Japan? Have you thought about visiting the factory to see fresh LS650's roll off the line? Man that'd be a trip!!
Arigato for the fine photos!

Yeah those choppers were probably really hard to turn.   I didn't get a close look, but my friend said that one of them probably dumped it because it was all messed up on one side.  At least everyone rides their bikes to events, no trailer queens here, but I think its only because most people either don't have any space or they can't afford one.

The event was held on the island of Shikoku(the one south east of the main land)  and I live in an area right outside of Tokyo called Sagamihara.  I'm a Chinese American US citizen, so I usually get confused for being a local.  Good thing I can speak enough Japanese to get by.   I like Japan its a great country and I know a lot of people come here to work and they end up staying, but sometime I still think about moving back the the US.  

I wish I could go to the factory and see the LS650s rolling off the line, but they don't produce them over here any more.  I think got one of the last few remaining ones in Japan.  In fact I have not seen another LS650 yet,  I've seen two LS400s but thats about all.  

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 10/14/05 at 03:32:32

Quote:
I wish I could go to the factory and see the LS650s rolling off the line, but they don't produce them over here any more.

???? I thought the LS was still manufactured in Japan? I think the manufacturer's decal on my Bike says that ... I know it says it was manufactured in May of 2003 ... I'll have to check to see if it says "Made in Japan" or not? If not Nippon, then where are they screwed together??

zukes, I think it is so cool that you have the opportunity to live and work in a country as interesting as Japan! And you must find it amusing to be confused with the locals! Thru Student Exchange, we've also hosted kids from Beijing, as well as Tokyo ... and presently Bangkok ... all super kids ... but the only thing they have in common is the respect and courtesy they show us adult parental units ... unlike some of my Canadian daughter's friends ... as far as I can tell, Asian countries and their peoples are as different from each other as England, Belgium and Romania, though they are European!

Keep the pics and stories coming man ... they're great!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Aktlingit
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Welcome Home

Alaska
Reply #4 - 11/04/05 at 12:37:04

Hello Threezukes,

Living in Japan have you ever visited the Savage 10 shop in Tokyo?  It looks like they have a fair selection of parts for the LS650.  Handlebars, taller sissy bar, fork boots, seats etc.

I saw on another of your post that you changed out your low bars for ape hangers.  What are the measurements of the low bars Rise Pullback Center Width and Tip 2 Tip width.  

Have you tried to mount a larger fuel tank on your bike?  Have you been able to order parts from the USA, if you have what are the shipping cost and the most efficient way to ship?

Regards from Alaska

IP Logged
kikuchiyo
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/04/05 at 16:17:24

Trezukes! I always wanted to tour Japan on motorcycle. However, I could never find any rental places in Japan on the web (at least not in English). Any ideas about morocycle rental? Do they rent bikes to Gaikokujins at all? Also, are the road signs outside of major cities in both languages or only Japanese? I do not know how I would handle left side driving but I know one day I will wisit.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #6 - 11/04/05 at 17:19:56

great pics!! i've got to move there ,just for those views 8)

IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/06/05 at 05:49:08

Aktlingit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Hello Threezukes,

Living in Japan have you ever visited the Savage 10 shop in Tokyo?  

I know about the Savage 10 web site, but I have not visited their shop yet, though I would like to.  I think its located somewhere in Yokohama or Tokyo (can't remember), but either one is a big city and a really crazy place to drive so I have to wait until I can get one of my Japanese friends to help me out.

What are the measurements of the low bars Rise Pullback Center Width and Tip 2 Tip width.  

I'm not really sure how to measure everything, but here it is..
Width 88.5cm
rise 5cm
pb 11cm
center 20cm

Have you tried to mount a larger fuel tank on your bike?  Have you been able to order parts from the USA, if you have what are the shipping cost and the most efficient way to ship?

I haven't tried to mount a larger tank yet, but I know that there a few people on this site who have done it.  Take a look at this post http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

For my Savage I've been able to find most of the parts that I need here in Japan, so I haven't tried ordering parts fot it before.

IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/06/05 at 06:31:15

kikuchiyo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Trezukes! I always wanted to tour Japan on motorcycle. However, I could never find any rental places in Japan on the web (at least not in English). Any ideas about morocycle rental? Do they rent bikes to Gaikokujins at all? Also, are the road signs outside of major cities in both languages or only Japanese? I do not know how I would handle left side driving but I know one day I will wisit.

Kikuchi is a Japanese name and I see you know some of the language too,  Do you have some Japanese relatives?

I'm not too sure about renting a bike, I've only seen car rentals here.  You might be able to drive if you get an internationl license, but I'm not really sure.

As for the road signs, most of the signs are written in the regular alphabet, but half the time it doesn't help.  If you want to visit Japan probably the easiest way would be to take the trains and subways.

IP Logged
kikuchiyo
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/06/05 at 09:58:40

Threezukes! Thanks for replying. No Japanese descend here- I am actually from Russia. So one can say we used to be sort of neighbours (I live in NYC now). "Kikuchiyo" is Toshiro Mifune's character name in 7 Samurai movie.  About Japan, I always wanted to go there and drive through mountains and small villages. Whenever I go overseas I usually rent bikes and travel that way. It is the best way to learn about the place and people.  Besides, It is difficult to sit on the train a be passive especially if the roads are great. So, I guess I will keep looking for place to rent.

IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 11/06/05 at 20:26:38

I'll check around, and if I find out anything I'll let you know.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:29:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 4 days and 1300km later.. part 2

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.