Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
discolored pipe (Read 4 times)
luckiebrand13
Ex Member

discolored pipe
10/12/05 at 15:15:39

i recently have purchased an 02 savage w/ 11k miles on it. i also just a couple days installed the mac pipe i purchased for it. after riding it for about 2 days it has already started to discolor.. when i purchased it the stock headpipe had already started to discolor a bit where it attaches to the engine block. i have been doing a bit of reading about this and am seeing it might be due to having to rejet? another thing i havent dont yet is put a new air filter in which i will be doing soon. i was wanting to know if that is what would have caused this and if this discoloration can be removed and look chrome again. if anyone has one of these pipes and has already researched which jet fits best i would appreicate any input from you.

thanks

tim

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: discolored pipe
Reply #1 - 10/12/05 at 18:25:03

You certainly need to rejet the carb with the exhaust change.  As far as the pipe is concerned...it will discolor, no matter what you do.  You can try to keep it cleaned up to minimize the coloring but that is about all that can be done.  The heat causes it, and if it is running lean it is hotter than normal...so more color.

IP Logged
saabsaviur
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/12/05 at 19:17:31

use the blue-job polish to remove the discoleration when i got my bike the whole exhaust system was gold that stuff made it look like chrome agian it takes a little elbow grease but it works i sure

IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/13/05 at 22:54:25

My 2001 has 6000 miles on it and was blue as can be by 2600 its just thin metal , thin chrome, and high heat.

IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/15/05 at 03:09:20

My pipes look terrible too.  Discolouration but also rust has set in here and there as I ride it late in the winter.  I've seen those gold pipes on Kawasakis.  Has anybody tried to paint their pipes?  I think that would look deadly but would it last?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 10/16/05 at 11:01:03

I've painted mine but I'm not sure it'll last either.  I've wondered about either powder coating or ceramic coating.  I think ceramic is best.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 06:08:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › discolored pipe

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.