Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Savage in Print (Read 8 times)
magistermatt
Ex Member

The Savage in Print
10/07/05 at 05:57:17

Well if any of you remember a while ago an editor from Motorcycle Classics magaine was looking for a picture of a savage. Well I just got issue number 2 yesterday and there it is a little write up of the savage. It is in a section called Under the Radar which is a write up of an up and coming classic bike with a solid following. This issue they talk about the Yamaha SRX600 (a sporty thumper) and at the end of the article they compare 2 other bikes to it that were from the same time frame and similar in some ways. So enter the Savage, another single cylinder bike first produced in the 80's.

The pictures are gone. I think the people at bikepics deleted them, probably because they were scans of a magazine.

As a side note, I wonder how many of us subscribed and/or now look for this magazine. I myself love nothing better than drooling my time away reading about motorcycles, that is at least when I can't be riding one.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: The Savage in Print
Reply #1 - 10/07/05 at 06:01:18

sounds about right...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 10/07/05 at 06:21:12

I think he kinda dissed the Savage a bit but that's okay.  Nobody has to like my ride but me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 10/08/05 at 03:36:30

I've not seen that mag in the bookstores here? And the link to the pic is not working ... any  chance of a scan of the related piece and posting up so's we can read?
I'm with Rob here ... don't give a rat's caboose if anyone like my LS or not ... but it is nice to get the odd compliment though!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LS650RJM
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Reply #4 - 10/08/05 at 09:12:17

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 10/09/05 at 07:04:31

I just subscribed to the magazine...I need a new one to read, and after I saw the XS750 Yamaha article, I was sold.  It remineded me of the 10 years that I owned the XS850  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 06:25:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Savage in Print

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.