Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kepp changing my plugany help (Read 2 times)
Dude

Kepp changing my plugany help
09/29/05 at 11:29:49

Anyone know why I need to change out my spark plugonaregular basis, plug doesn't last long apprx. 1 week. Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Kepp changing my plugany help
Reply #1 - 09/29/05 at 12:00:17

you may need to rejet.  is the plug coming out black, white, what?  I had to replace my ignition coil.  It wasn't sparking the plug and as a result my plug kept fouling.  Check out the tech section on reading plugs and the whoel carb/rejet thing...

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #2 - 09/29/05 at 20:10:36

I agree with vroom1776. How old is your bike anyway? I know that on car, if the spark plug cable is more than 3 years old, it tends to go bad and give weak weak current to the plug --> weak spark --> foul up the plug --> plug go bad Undecided
Unfortunately on our beloved Savage, I don't think that you can just change the spark plug cable alone ???

Yep look at this http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0372/electrical/electrical.cfm?man=su&group...

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 09/30/05 at 06:03:57

Try reading the Reading Spark Plugs post in the Technical Corner and then come back to this thread to continue any discussion on it.  It has several useful links that could point you in the right direction.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 09/30/05 at 08:34:27

SavageDude wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Unfortunately on our beloved Savage, I don't think that you can just change the spark plug cable alone ???

Yep look at this http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0372/electrical/electrical.cfm?man=su&group...

Yep,  I replaced items 10, 14, 12, 13... 10 was the only one that cost more than a couple of bucks, about $70.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 10/02/05 at 07:39:24

That is something about owners of the Savage that I do not understand.  I don't understand why people always suspect the simple ol' spark plug as being the culprit or why they change them so often.  We have been using the same plugs in our 2 Savages for 3 and 4 years respectively, and when they were changed it was only to try out a hotter plug....which made no appreciable difference anyway.  It was a waste of money.

It is probably not necessary.  I wouldn't change another plug, until I knew why the old plug is fouled.  For us to help, you need to mention the changes made to the bike, and what problems you are having.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 14:15:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kepp changing my plugany help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.