Battery Case Cover (Read 5 times)
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Battery Case Cover
09/25/05 at 13:22:40

I was not able to remove the float bowl from the carb as the battery case cover prortruded forward too far.  I finally had to remove the battery and battery case in order to drop the float bowl.  Anyone else having this problem?  If so please advise as to best solution.  P.S - After all this, I still was not able to get the main jet loose.  Guess I will have to pull the carb to get that job done.  Godzilla must have seated that main jet!

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: Battery Case Cover
Reply #1 - 09/25/05 at 22:05:44

My guess is you still have the cross-point screws on the on the fuel bowl. I had the same problem and had to do the same thing to do anything on the carb. I hope you still have the carb out ??? I changed out all 8 screws to Allen hex headed screws(Bought mine at Lowe) for future carb mods. It is a must upgrade for your the carb if you are going to tinkle with jetting.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Re: Battery Case Cover
Reply #2 - 09/29/05 at 17:58:38

Thanks for your answer and comments.  I finally took the  battery case cover off and did a quick mod to secure the battery case etc.  I can now access my carb bowl and remove the allen head bolts quite easily.  Am planning to re-jet carb and put on aftermarket muffler in the spring. ( My bike is at my summer home in Maine, and I am due to return to Florida next week).

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 14:10:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery Case Cover

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.