RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Hurricane Rita
09/22/05 at 11:13:49

Do we have any members evacuating the Texas coast?

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re:  Hurricane Rita
Reply #1 - 09/22/05 at 11:23:35

I was wondering about that too.  Diane, Reelthing, and Goose & Toadie are all in that area I think.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #2 - 09/22/05 at 11:23:43

I think there are a couple live in the area..Dianne and realthing GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/22/05 at 11:41:16

Good luck and be safe.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 09/23/05 at 00:41:07

Sad2 "100 year storms" in 2 weeks?? Somethin' f__ked with the climate for sure ...
God bless all those in harms way ... fingers crossed that this one isn't as bad as Katrina ...
But I'll bet that the money/oil gougers will send gasoline prices thru the roof all over North Am. again after this one ...  Angry

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/23/05 at 13:00:36

my sister lives on padre island in Texas. she was headed out as of yeastersay A.M

IP Logged
Mambo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/24/05 at 00:41:37

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Sad2 "100 year storms" in 2 weeks?? Somethin' f__ked with the climate for sure ...
The climate f*** itself...
I duno why people are unable to see this allready happens hundreds of times in earth's history...
If you wana know what will happens, the t° will increase (a little) more, the most of ice @ north pole will melt, so the sea's salt % will dicrease, and the Gulfstream will stop.
No Gulfstrem? No moderate climate on a third of the earth.
No moderate climate? - > Ice age.
So if the t° grow up, dont fear the heat: buy some wood !

IP Logged
Colo_Hack
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/24/05 at 03:47:52

Just that simple huh... You should have warned everyone weeks ago. I have family there and I'm heading that way right now to help where I can. If I can get some pics I'll upload them when I return.
Hack

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #8 - 09/25/05 at 03:15:02

Well, at least in my area(s) it worked out well. We headed down tuesday night to board up the beach house located at San Luis Pass bridge - west end of galveston island , load the boats on trailers and other toys in the trucks and drive inland to the house Katy, Texas - about 100mile drive - we pulled out at 3pm wednesday and made it in at 5am thursday - 15 hours to go 100 miles seemed slow - but in some areas folks were talking 15 hours to go 10 miles. Many cars broken down or out of gas all over the roads - when I got to Katy my brother-in-law had came over from around the Johnson space center area to weather the storm here. Late thursday his ex called and they could not get out of town as the roads were in gridlock - so over they came - his ex, 2 teenagers, and new husband - this made for an interesting mix - but I sure used the help to secure the place - in the driveway we had 2 boats (hulls filled with water for extra weight),3 trucks, a golfcart on the front porch, cars in the garage, which forced the 2 Savages into the house. No one had ever seen motorcyles in a house before - but hey they need a shelter too. In the end the storm turned away and all we had was 50-60 mph winds.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 09/25/05 at 07:11:45

I'm glad to hear it worked out so well.  Here in Garland we didn't get a single drop of rain; just some high winds.  Supposed to be 98 F again today.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

Reply #10 - 09/25/05 at 11:24:44

We didn't get rain at either house, Weatherford or Lake Fork. The caretaker at Fork said the lake is full of boats, beautiful weather there. I for one am thankful this one tamed down and wasn't like Katrina. I'd much rather overact than complain that the "government" didn't act. I know evacuating was the pits, but would choose that any day over dying from stupidity.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #11 - 09/25/05 at 21:47:00

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
But I'll bet that the money/oil gougers will send gasoline prices thru the roof all over North Am. again after this one ...  Angry

what I'd like to say about this - refine all the gasoline you need local. At the moment the largest producer in North America perhaps the world is still shutdown along with 11 others. It's really not like you can flip a light switch to start and stop a plant like BP in Texas City or Shell in Deerpark - some may be back on line now or close to it - but none the less we had close to 40pct of all the gasoline production for the USA turned off for 2 days. We have not been able to build a new plant in over 20 years due to environ concerns - so I think we can solve this with a fed law  - no interstate commerence of refined fuel products after 2010 - if you use it - make it - forget the smell and  sight of the plants , forget if it might impact a blind cave fish or spotted owl with a chevron on the right wing tip - either build some plants in your state or use something else.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #12 - 09/26/05 at 07:22:55

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
what I'd like to say about this - refine all the gasoline you need local. At the moment the largest producer in North America perhaps the world is still shutdown along with 11 others. It's really not like you can flip a light switch to start and stop a plant like BP in Texas City or Shell in Deerpark - some may be back on line now or close to it - but none the less we had close to 40pct of all the gasoline production for the USA turned off for 2 days. We have not been able to build a new plant in over 20 years due to environ concerns - so I think we can solve this with a fed law  - no interstate commerence of refined fuel products after 2010 - if you use it - make it - forget the smell and  sight of the plants , forget if it might impact a blind cave fish or spotted owl with a chevron on the right wing tip - either build some plants in your state or use something else.

That's a really good idea.  It seems everyone wants to use the fuel but they want to pollute someone else's environment to get it.  That would sure put a little more umph into developing cleaner refineries or alternate fuel sources.

RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

Reply #13 - 09/27/05 at 14:02:02

While you're on your soapbox, I'd like to say "AMEN Brother"

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #14 - 09/27/05 at 15:13:35

Some Engineering Techs from the company I work for here in St. John's, Nfld. are being sent to New Orleans for 6 weeks to help out with re-establishing infrastructure.

Read a theory once, that there's plenty of oil reserves left here in North America (particularly the U.S.), but the wells have been capped for future use ... the stategy, is to buy/use up foreign oil first??

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 13:17:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hurricane Rita

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.