Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike rolling off side stand (Read 3 times)
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Bike rolling off side stand
09/14/05 at 18:32:10

My bike has rolled off the side stand twice in the last few days.  The first time was at a gas station and I was dismounting.  I caught the bike and pulled it upright.  Yesterday it did it in my garage, again as I was dismounting.  This time I lost it and the bike flopped over on its left side.  I also flopped flat on my back and cracked my heat smartly on the garage floor.  Neither bike nor rider were hurt bady.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Am I doing something wrong?  This is the first bike I have ever had with a raked front end.  The front wheel tends to flop to the left when on the side stand.  Should I turn it to the right when I put it on the side stand?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I am 74 yrs old and have been riding 57 years.  This is a first for me.

Jack

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Bike rolling off side stand
Reply #1 - 09/14/05 at 18:49:24

turn the bars too the left before u get off,put the bike in 1st gear,then put down the sidestand, it wont roll any where.

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #2 - 09/14/05 at 18:59:30

I posted about my kickstand a couple of weeks ago, you might check the replies there.
I have been under the weather so haven't ridden since, but will try the "in gear" thing but if I recall correctly, it still tips when the kickstand collapses. It doesn't take much to start it over either.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Reply #3 - 09/14/05 at 19:08:05

Thanks for the feedback.  First gear it is from now on. Why didn't I think of that?  Again, thanks!

Jack

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 17:35:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike rolling off side stand

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.